• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: "When the game is on the line, I think we all know who I am going to go to"

truthjuice

Quote from his post game on Greg taking the blame. 

"Greg is a pro's pro," Newton said after the defeat. "When the game is on the line, I think we all know who I am going to go to."

Benji also said:

"Greg is a great teammate," Benjamin said. "He's one of those guys that prides himself on making plays for the team. But it wasn't all on Greg."

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Every receiver or tight end has drops, even the greatest of them.

Going away from a great player like Greg Olsen because of some drops in one game would be absolutely idiotic.

Agreed.  I think Olsen may have been our best offensive player this season.

8 minutes ago, SJTG4 said:

in key situations? when you HAVE to make the play? When the season is on the line I don't recall Gates or Tony G dropping the ball if you're gonna give other players on the team hell for fuging up its only right he is too. Nobody gets a pass for costing us the game

Yes, Gates, Gonzalez, Steve Smith, Jerry Rice and several others have dropped passes in key situations.  It happens plenty.

Greg Olsen is the reason we've won a lot of games and a big reason we were even in that game yesterday.

To suggest we need to move away from him is ridiculously stupid.

Love Greg, but that may have been his worst game ever yesterday.  The drop on the the final drive, the drop on the two point conversion, and the catch that was ruled incomplete that carried him out of bounds that he usually finds a way to complete inbounds...  just felt like he couldnt get out of his own way.

But funny thing is, Cam, Olsen, and Benji are probably the least of our worries.

14 minutes ago, SJTG4 said:

in key situations? when you HAVE to make the play? When the season is on the line I don't recall Gates or Tony G dropping the ball if you're gonna give other players on the team hell for fuging up its only right he is too. Nobody gets a pass for costing us the game

4th quarter last year against the saints, 4th down, Cam throws an off target duck to a wide open Greg Olsen who dives backwards and catches it for a first to keep the drive going.

He's made the catch before. He'll do it again.

Archived