• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we end up with a Top 10 Pick...

Catufb85

We need a 1st round talented OT, DE and RB in this draft... Maybe by trading down in the first this will indeed be possible, but DG don't operate this way if his guy is on the board. Hopefully DG somehow find a way to fill one of those needs in FA before the draft, since it will be difficult to do ut through the draft for all positions

First of all, there's no way we pick top ten.  We're going to end up winning just enough to sink down to the 12-15 area of the draft, just because that's how the Panthers work.  Even if we are around 10, I would be very surprised if Peppers, Robinson, and Fournette were all available (Allen and Garrett are pipe dreams), and would take whoever is left.  I would probably lean towards them in that order.

I would not take a CB in the first, nor would I take any of the available TEs in the first third of the draft.  We can get a good one in the second if we're drafting high, and we can also get a decent OT in the second round.  It's entirely possible that Gettleman double-dips there also.  Of course, it's also possible he takes another DT in the first.  I'm gonna try not to be surprised at anything he does at this point.

I'm in the process of getting this whole nice dandy post about our upcoming offseason put together, and my initial take is that we're probably going to cut Stewart.

If that happens, I fully expect us to make a run at Fournette or Cook, and I lean heavily towards Fournette. He'll be an impact player immediately, and we'll need him pretty bad if we let Stewie go.

I think we'll revamp the DE spot in free agency (my sights are currently on both Andre Branch and Devin Taylor) and possibly sign some OL talent via that route too (Matt Kalil, Jordan Mills, Marshall Newhouse, Chance Warmack, and Jonathan Cooper are my first choices here)... So S could very well be in play (even though I'd like to go after Swearinger in FA, too.)

Jamal Adams or McGlinchey

if not trade down.

Plenty of good guys at position of need in 2nd-3rd so stacking up picks could be a great thing.

RB: Foreman, Perine

TE: Leggett, Butt, Sprinkle

DE: Walker, Solomon, Charlton

OT: (3-4 range) Dawkins, Moton

Archived