• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we end up with a Top 10 Pick...

Catufb85

Just now, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a RB before the third round, maybe fourth. Fournette is basically Stewart with the same injury issues and Freeman is a bit overrated 

Doubt it, Freeman is similar to J-Stew and worthy of 1-2 round pick.  We tried already with lower round picks to solve the RB issue but its not going to work out.

1 minute ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Doubt it, Freeman is similar to J-Stew and worthy of 1-2 round pick.  We tried already with lower round picks to solve the RB issue but its not going to work out.

Freeman has been shut down by some pretty mediocre Pac 12 defenses this year. You'd be nuts to draft him in 1-2 rounds. We need OT, C, DE, S way more than a running back

9 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Freeman has been shut down by some pretty mediocre Pac 12 defenses this year. You'd be nuts to draft him in 1-2 rounds. We need OT, C, DE, S way more than a running back

So has Todd Gurley in the NFL , that's what happens when  don't have other threats on offense. BTW I'll take coaches opinion over a Huddller. Its called the eye test and seem to be blind.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000715904/article/uw-coach-royce-freeman-will-be-first-rb-selected-in-nfl-draft

UW coach: Royce Freeman will be first RB selected in NFL draft

When it comes to college football's spectacular junior class of running backs, Royce Freeman's name isn't generally the first in the conversation. Or even the second.

But University of Washington co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake believes it will come up first when it matters most: in the NFL draft.

"I'm calling it right now: You will hear this guy's name probably (as) the first running back taken (in the NFL draft)," Lake said of Oregon's 230-pound workhorse, per the Seattle Times. "He's a decade running back -- he'll play 10, 12 years in the NFL. This guy is a big-time player."

Lake's defense will try to contain Freeman on Saturday as the Huskies try to remain unbeaten. LSU's Leonard Fournette, Stanford's Christian McCaffrey and FSU's Dalvin Cook have garnered more attention and could in time present a challenge to Lake's assertion, depending on whether they end up in the same draft class as Freeman. Each RB is an underclassman and has until a mid-January deadline to apply for early eligibility into the 2017 NFL Draft.

UW's other co-defensive coordinator, Pete Kwiatkowski, sees Freeman as a better runner than McCaffrey.

"... McCaffrey is probably the best all-round football player (in the Pac-12), because he can do so many things, but just as a pure running back -- it's Freeman," Kwiatkowski said. "He's the prototype. He's good."

So what kind of skill set could Freeman bring to the pro game? An NFC scout sees a more effective version of the Carolina Panthers' Jonathan Stewart. The scout described Freeman to NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks as "bigger and badder" than Stewart with the ball in his hands.

Freeman has 463 yards in four games for the Ducks this season, including a 207-yard performance against Virginia. In facing the Huskies on Saturday, he'll get a chance to show NFL scouts what he can do against the nation's 15th-ranked defense (299 yards per game).

2 hours ago, Randolph Panther said:

If Fournette could have the impact that Elliot had this year I would like him.  

Bring in the Dallas OL and that might be possible. Our team isn't going to click until we fix the lines. We need a LT as I think that even if Oher isn't done for good (which I think he will be) he won't be the same. Which considering he wasn't great to begin with, doesn't inspire confidence.

So...if indicators are that Cam Robinson or some other OT are future OL anchors then I think you go there. 

I personally like Dalvin Cook better than Fournette as an NFL back. They'll both likely be top 10 picks. Honestly tho there is no indication that Stewart is slowing down. Fix the OL and Stewart will rush for close to 1000 again which is what we need. 

Safety...our safety play is atrocious. Maybe it's the lack of pressure but I think it's also a lack of skill back there beside Coleman. The busted assignments are Nakamura-esque. DB never seems to be high on Gettledogs radar for high draft picks so I doubt he uses a top 10-12 pick on one. But if there is a player there who is a BPA option then safety could be in play as I think it would also address a huge need. 

So...if Robinson really grades as a top tackle I'd take him (problem is that if he's a true LT he'll be gone before we pick even in a top 10 scenario bc we aren't picking top 5). 

You COULD still get a top rated pass rusher not named Myles Garrett. Which if that's the case I would go there bc right now Ealy is a disappointment and Johnson may be gone. We're gonna need pass rushers. 

If none of those players are there then you move on to Hooker, Peppers, or maybe Dalvin Cook if you decide his playmaking potential is too much to pass up. 

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

We've drafted enough defense since Cam has been here. Time to build around him.

We got plenty of offensive weapons for Cam. Problem is the damn OC. Shula is an average OC and we've seen what Cam can be. Imagine Cam under a real offensive minded OC who don't run his ass straight thru the middle every games. 

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

This. Cam Robinson looks terrible to me as a blocker, especially in pass protection, and as a franchise long Panther fan, I know what terrible blockers look like.

I think the team that takes Cam is going to start him at RT due to his not so stellar pass blocking.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

If you want raw, how about Tyrone Swoopes, QB Texas? I've read some buzz about his best NFL position being TE. He's 6-4 249 and can run and pass (trickery plays like Snead's 50 yard TD pass). He'd be a late round pick, but he'd be a fun project just based on size and athleticism.

TE class is sort of deep all things considered. Should be some decent ones in the 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th like Howard (might be top of 2nd), Engram, Njoku, Butt, Sprinkle, Leggett, Hodges, Everett, Hikutini (saw him this week, looked good) and Price (blocker). Those are the top 10 on walterfootball.com and all are "possible" going in the 3rd at the earliest. That's decent and seemingly a lot better than last year. I checked their rankings and the 10th one this year (Price) has a 3-5 round ranking and that was the #5 spot last year. #6 last year had a 4-6 ranking.

Don't discount TEs on the PS who just don't get any PT because they're behind a hall of famer in Olsen and a good backup in Dixon.

9 minutes ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

We got plenty of offensive weapons for Cam. Problem is the damn OC. Shula is an average OC and we've seen what Cam can be. Imagine Cam under a real offensive minded OC who don't run his ass straight thru the middle every games. 

We have a bottom 5 WR core and OL. 

Archived