• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"An opposing teams flag was in my stadium": Cam on Sherm's comments

truthjuice

5 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

On Richard Sherman's karma comment:"It's irrelevant what he says right now. I have a lot of respect for Richard. And I don't think that has anything to do with karma - an opposing team's flag was in my stadium."

There's that. 

A mature and measured response.

Which will receive zero notice from the haters.

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

A mature and measured response.

Which will receive zero notice from the haters.

Oh it will, but it'll have a spin on it and people will say that he was being snarky or cocky. Then First Take and Undisputed will talk about how Cam hasn't changed and he can't be cocky, especially with our record. They, and some fans, will also talk mention how unsportsmanlike Cam is and how he's just whining because he isn't winning. 

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

Well, basically to get national media coverage you have to bash Cam.. because he has a fake smile, selfish, an icon, walked out on a press conference, etc, etc.  you know, the usual outspoken black quarterback narrative the media loves to play.

1 hour ago, jbc0711 said:

Well, basically to get national media coverage you have to bash Cam.. because he has a fake smile, selfish, an icon, walked out on a press conference, etc, etc.  you know, the usual outspoken black quarterback narrative the media loves to play.

THIS

Cam's response was spot on and very mature. The negative media response last year clearly indicated that they will take every opportunity to bash Cam.

On another note, this quote in the interview stood out to me and kind of encapsulates our season.  

On the season: “It’s not one thing that has resulted in the position where in now. It’s a culmination of things. And starting with myself, we all can be better. I don’t think we’re playing great team ball at times. We have get back to offense, defense, special teams playing together... We have a great locker room where guys are sticking together, and it’s still a great atmosphere. But in-game, when the offense scores or when the defense makes a stop, we have to be hand in hand creating success. That’s been our lull up to this point.”

It's been a rough year, but Cam is still in a winning mindset and knows that the team as a whole could have been better.  Another thing I have been wondering about is how the atmosphere in the locker room has been this year.  This makes me believe that even during adversity, this team remains just that: A team.  I just appreciate that this team always has each other's backs.  Cam could be whining in the media about how bad his Oline has been, but he doesn't.  He still looks at ways that he can play better and for ways the team can play with more synergy.  This is a clear sign of Cam's maturity that the media will overlook because it doesn't get clicks. This team doesn't sell each other out.  Gotta respect that. Keep Pounding!

3 hours ago, TarHeel69 said:

Cam's response was spot on and very mature. The negative media response last year clearly indicated that they will take every opportunity to bash Cam.

On another note, this quote in the interview stood out to me and kind of encapsulates our season.  

On the season: “It’s not one thing that has resulted in the position where in now. It’s a culmination of things. And starting with myself, we all can be better. I don’t think we’re playing great team ball at times. We have get back to offense, defense, special teams playing together... We have a great locker room where guys are sticking together, and it’s still a great atmosphere. But in-game, when the offense scores or when the defense makes a stop, we have to be hand in hand creating success. That’s been our lull up to this point.”

It's been a rough year, but Cam is still in a winning mindset and knows that the team as a whole could have been better.  Another thing I have been wondering about is how the atmosphere in the locker room has been this year.  This makes me believe that even during adversity, this team remains just that: A team.  I just appreciate that this team always has each other's backs.  Cam could be whining in the media about how bad his Oline has been, but he doesn't.  He still looks at ways that he can play better and for ways the team can play with more synergy.  This is a clear sign of Cam's maturity that the media will overlook because it doesn't get clicks. This team doesn't sell each other out.  Gotta respect that. Keep Pounding!

He started with himself and didn't throw anybody under the bus. I don't recall ever hearing him do that. He didn't go into panic mode when Kalil went out. He still believes they can win with what they have. 

Archived