• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner at RT last night

bigdog10

What did you all think about his performance at RT?  I know he is a pro bowl guard, but should he warrant another look at RT in the upcoming games?

I loved the running play where we pulled him all the way across. Really showcased his athletic ability. 

All in all I thought it was the offensive lines best pass blocking performance of the season, considering how banged up and out of place that group was. 

It wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world if we kept Trai at RT and moved Daryl inside to RG. That's probably where both are best suited from a purely athletic perspective. Trai at 6'3" doesn't have ideal height for an OT but he definitely has the feet and quickness which Daryl lacks. Even without the height, Trai does have 34" arms which is the ideal.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

It wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world if we kept Trai at RT and moved Daryl inside to RG. That's probably where both are best suited from a purely athletic perspective. Trai at 6'3" doesn't have ideal height for an OT but he definitely has the feet and quickness which Daryl lacks. Even without the height, Trai does have 34" arms which is the ideal.

I rather have Trai inside with better leverage to work against the DTs & Williams with long range to handle the pass. 

I paid attention to him last night. From what I saw I thought he held his own considering the circumstances. 

From my untrained eye, he had a lot of rookie mistakes but also showed some solid work. 

With what I've seen of his body of work, the guy has the brains, athleticism and hunger/attitude to be solid at whatever position he wants to be good at. 

Depends on opportunity, need and sometimes a business decision. 

He had a really good play on defense as well. If you didn't see it, on an interception return he didn't give up on the play. He was coming hard for some payback and right after Cam dove in, he came in right behind and tried to put the Seahawk deep in the dirt. He wasn't going to allow a score and you could clearly see it. I like that . 

So, to answer the question, yea I thought he looked pretty good overall playing a very difficult position against some seriously athletic freaks. 

23 hours ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I rather have Trai inside with better leverage to work against the DTs & Williams with long range to handle the pass. 

Ive seen some people speculate that Daryl may not be able to play tackle and instead may be moved to Guard. If Trai is athletic enough to play tackle I say let him have a go at it. Low risk high reward move.

Archived