• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can some please explain to me how...

AceBoogie

25 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Injuries don't cause that significant of a drop, far more injuries on offense and they haven't dropped as far. 

So the talent that left the team due to whatever reason doesn't apply to any of your questions? So we should just scoff at the injuries on defense just because you're diverting attention to offense that has nothing to do with said defense? I mean really....what's the point of trying to tell you how when you don't accept the facts? :\ It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the last of leadership, talent included, that left due to retirement, Bad negotiating are sorely missed. Also the inexperience of the replacements, or lack of thereof, isn't helping. Lack of Pass rush, Addison Hurt, Johnson Hurt, Butler hurt, then you have our QB of the Defense get hurt. 

But please, lets bash gettleman for not having a crystal ball like the other GMs in the league. lol. 

6 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

People who are shocked just don't quite understand how the NFL works. In any salary cap based league, with the amount of turnover from year to year, it's almost impossible to maintain sustained success when parity runs deep in the culture of our sport. Add to the fact the NFL is the most physically demanding sport in the world and injuries play a huge factor, it's not hard to fathom what has happened to us this year. 

The NFL also rewards teams who played poorly the previous year and punishes teams who played great (strength of schedule, draft picks, etc). There's so many contributing factors as to why teams flip flop on a yearly basis, and to be quite frank, that's how the NFL likes it. It keeps interest high, and at the end of the day, generates more money for the league. It's a business at the end of the day, plain and simple. 

The last few good defenses of the last few years are all still very good. I guess they're in a different business. 

I don't think Gettleman should be fired. That's very very premature talk. Anyone suggesting that is not worth conversing with.

But my god it is f*cking pathetic watching smart posters here literally eat their own feces if it means they don't have to direct any blame Gettleman's way.

The man f*cked up in the offseason. It is okay to admit that. He's done plenty of good for us, but he blew it this year. That is indisputable. What we need to see moving forward is that he has learned from this.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

The last few good defenses of the last few years are all still very good. I guess they're in a different business. 

Well we lost Norman to free agency and we drafted 3 corners to help fill that void. Not to mention we've had a ton of injuries in the secondary as well. The experience those corners are getting this year will be invaluable, and next season we most likely will bounce back. I'm assuming the defenses you're referring to haven't had much turnover personnel wise, but maybe offensively they did

Peanut hurt, and unable to contribute. Retired.  Gettlemans fault. 

Bene not coming back well from injury. Gettlemans fault. 

Norman wanting elite money. Gettlemans fault.

Kony not being as good opposite of Chuck. Gettlemans fault.

Players not executing, playing as well as they are coached. Gettlemans fault.

Injuries. Definitely Gettlemans fault. 

In conclusion,  it's Gettlemans fault, and don't anybody argue differently/bring any logic into this conversation. 

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't think Gettleman should be fired. That's very very premature talk. Anyone suggesting that is not worth conversing with.

But my god it is f*cking pathetic watching smart posters here literally eat their own feces if it means they don't have to direct any blame Gettleman's way.

The man f*cked up in the offseason. It is okay to admit that. He's done plenty of good for us, but he blew it this year. That is indisputable. What we need to see moving forward is that he has learned from this.

This is pretty much how I feel.  The Gettleman bashers that want him fired just really irritate the poo out of me

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

This is pretty much how I feel.  The Gettleman bashers that want him fired just really irritate the poo out of me

Crazy thing is this post isn't a bash Dave thread. I'm seriously asking who's at fault for the unprecedented decline of our defense. 

24 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Bending over backwards to defend someone from criticism? Something tells me @Jeremy Igo would like to have a talk with you about that.

Realistically though, most of the smarter people on here don't have an issue admitting Gettleman made mistakes. The problem is most of the discussion around it comes from dimwits like Rainmaker and Gooby and other of our resident morons who can't manage anything more intelligent or substantive than "Gettledouche sucks!"

Heck, one of our better posters tried making a thread for rational discussion about it and the usual morons dumped in there too.  It's just tough on here right now.

Bottom Line: If you could weed some of our more vocal dumbasses out, you might get a halfway rational discussion. As is, we're stuck with children who think writing in big fonts makes your argument better.

Archived