• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd officially Skip Bayless 2.0

Catufb85

So as I sat down for my hour lunch I do as I usually do I get on twitter to read through all of my Panther's related followings when I stumble upon our "favorite" "analyst" Colin Cowherd. Colin proceeded to rant for 2 whole minutes about how Dak Prescott is a better Quarterback than Cam Newton.  Maybe I am bias because I love my Panthers and I am a big believer in Cam.  But how on earth can you take the small sample size of Dak's games and already say hes better than Cam. Dak was handed the NFL's best Offensive line, one of the leagues more talented Wide Receiver in Dez Bryant, a hall of fame TE in Witten, and now arguably the leagues best running back in Elliott.  Guess those who don't understand football under estimate what having a great offensive line does for protection during passing plays, sufficiently running the ball, etc. does for a quarterback.  He has time to make better decisions on throws, he has an effective run game to take pressure off of him, has a great core of skill players around him.  I'm not knocking what Dak has done in this league so far and has definitely helped contribute to their 12-2 record.  But please tell me that if Cam had that offensive line, that effective of a run game, good receivers that he couldn't flourished. Maybe I am bias and maybe I am viewing this wrong but for the life of me I can't say Dak is a better quarterback than Cam.  Cam particularly carried this offense to the Super Bowl last year.

Sorry had to rant before I tried punching Cowherd through my phone.

Meh, don't give that POS the attention he's looking for.  The problem with talk radio/tv is that they are doing/saying things that will help ratings.  Not just speaking to this instance, but you really have to wonder how much these people believe the poo they're saying.

If the Cowboys had somehow drafted Cam and immediately tossed Romo they would have won another Super Bowl or even two of them by now with that fuging offensive line. Hell Cam took an offense of role players with the exception of Stewart and Olsen to the Super Bowl on our team, could you imagine if he had Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, Cole Beasly, Ezekiel Elliot, and a much better oline than ours last season?

People tend to be idiots and place everything on the QB when there's a lot of other players on the team that contribute to wins and losses. Oline protection is everything for a QB , difference between having 2 seconds to throw and having 3 or 4 seconds to throw on average is huge for example. Cam is deadly as fug with no pressure on him.

Totally agree with you guys and says he was on Cam's nuts last year so bad.  Now he doesn't even consider Cam an elite QB blah blah.   I almost spit my lunch our when scrolling through the feed and saw this then proceeded to laugh outloud.  Wish I could find the video from last year praising Cam and place them side by side. 

Sparking controversy because his dumpster fire of a show has worse ratings than the NFL.

19 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't know why you guys watch, listen, or link anything this buffoon says.

He had Newton's cock so far down his throat last year that he was going cross eyed.

This guy has less than zero credibility.

Colin NEVER liked Cam. Even last season every time he complemented him he did it hesitantly.

Cam isn't everyone's shot of whiskey. I've accepted that and I know who to avoid now when catching up on sports news. Cam can win a SB, be league MVP for each year and have 10,000 passing yards with 2000 rushing yards, feed every starving child in America, put 100 kids through college, open up his home to homeless men and women, single handedly end police brutality and there will still be someone in a miserable corner saying "Cam isn't good enough...he smiles too much, he's too nice, look at how he threw that ball, look at the hat he had on, oh my God he didn't apologize for scoring a TD and celebrating his win." It's just how the ball bounces.

By the way, I think Dak is good but he's a rookie with the best offensive line in football. Dak can sit Indian style on the football field and peel an orange and still get a play off untouched. Colin just wants some controversy.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

go ahead and lump Prescott into the same rationale used when RGIII was so much better than Cam, and when Kapernick was so much better than Cam, etc.

Cowherd doesn't even watch games.  He often will flat out admit he doesn't really get into games and watch them. 

RGIII was NEVER better.  Kapernick was NEVER better.  There were seasons when they were on better teams than Cam.  Nothing more.  Now I wouldn't lump Prescott in with RGIII and Kapernick as players.  I like him.  Never liked their games.  But all these talking heads find a mobile QB and then equate how good or bad they are off of a teams record.....nothing more

Dak is a solid player but the talk of him being a MVP candidate and being better than Cam is just to spark a reaction. Dak and Cam might both play QB in the NFL but that does not mean that their situations are the same. Cam as the number 1 overall pick inherited a bad football team that is going through a complete rebuild from players to coaches. Dak was a 4th round pick coming to a team that just went 12-4 two years prior but injury to their QB derailed their season and they ended up picking 4th overall. The Cowboys already had a strong core. THey have 3 OL that will be 1st team all pro, another lineman in Collins with first round talent. Then they already have a No. 1 WR in Dez Bryant, Hall of Fame TE, and a RB in Ezekiel Elliot that is on pace to break Eric Dickerson's rookie rushing record of 1808. Can you imagine if Cam had that as a rookie? He already set the NFL rushing record for a QB with 14 during his rookie year. Also its not exclusive to Cam, give young QBs like Jameis, Mariota, and Luck (that were all top 2 picks) the same scenario like Dak and they would outperform him. Its the same argument that people had with  Russell Wilson, claiming he is the best because he had a record of 15-4 (something like that) against Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Cam while ignoring that the Seahawks had the no.1 scoring defense for 4 years straight and Marshawn Lynch. 

Archived