• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera can learn a lot from Andy Reid

AceBoogie

With 1 min 55secs left to play and up 16 against the Denver Broncos, the Cheifs decided to let their DT throw a Td pass. Why? According to Reid:

"I've learned this over time: You can't score enough points against these teams,'' Reid said. "We don't take anything for granted. We're going to score as much as we can do it.''

Remember this the next time we blow a lead by going into conservative mode. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18350747

36 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Many coaches can learn a lot from Andy Reid.

Clock management is absolutely at the bottom of that list.  

Especially in the Super Bowl.

Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds the NFL has ever seen. He's arguably second only to Bill Walsh in his understanding of the West Coast offense. His effectiveness at running that system and the brilliance of his play designs have made numerous average quarterbacks look like superstars.

But yeah, the biggest criticism of him tends to be poor game management (just like Rivera). That, and the fact that his teams have a tendency to fade in the postseason.

7 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

The Chiefs are/could be a decent parallel for us. The defense, the run game, a mobile QB, great TE, and questionable coaching at times. 

Since Eric Berry isn't walking through our door, though...let's at least learn the quicker pass offense that helps Reid's QB and WRs.

Outside of them both being mobile, I couldn't disagree more.  Cam and Alex aren't close to being the same "type" QB.

IMO.

21 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

"I've learned this over time: You can't score enough points against these teams,'' Reid said. "We don't take anything for granted. We're going to score as much as we can do it.''

Andy was most likely thinking about the Chiefs highly improbable win over the Panthers when he said this.  

Rivera grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory that day.

8 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Can't pin that one on Ron

Cam's int and KB's fumble gave that one away...horrible loss...likely worst of the year

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Cam and KB's poor decision making/play were only fuel on the fire started by Ron's "play not to lose" approach once this team has a lead.  

Ron lacks a killer instinct.

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Cam and KB's poor decision making/play were only fuel on the fire started by Ron's "play not to lose" approach once this team has a lead.  

Ron lacks a killer instinct.

Which, to this day, baffles me.

In his introductory presser, Rivera came off like a guy with no mercy.  It was like watching Conan describe what was best in life.

Somewhere amidst the adversity of the first two seasons, Rivera went from barbarian to librarian.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which, to this day, baffles me.

In his introductory presser, Rivera came off like a guy with no mercy.  It was like watching Conan describe what was best in life.

Somewhere amidst the adversity of the first two seasons, Rivera went from barbarian to librarian.

I am half expecting to hear Ron say "It is what it is" and "a punt is a good play" in his next presser, then his transition to Fox ball will be complete.

Archived