• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Gettleman & Coaching

NJPanthers12

I have been one of Dave Gettlemans biggest fans on these boards. I have argued with countless memebers on this board about him and have defended every move he has made. I will still argue with anyone that him letting Josh Norman go was the best move for this franchise. I truly believe he improved the long term outlook of this roster by letting Norman walk and drafting Bradberry and Worley. 

With all that said, I will turn on him if he allows Rivera to keep Shula and Dorsey on this staff. Let's ignore for a second that Rivera takes absolutely no accountability and should be shown the door himself. The "Big Cat" is a meddling owner who will not allow his GM fire the head coach. Let's not forget that he was not allowed to bring in his own coach and had Rivera shoved down his throat. It is time for Gettleman to take some control and tell Ron that Shula and Dorsey need to leave and if he has a problem with it then he can join Gary Kubiak in retirement.

Last week Ron was asked who had final say on staff changes. Without even blinking Ron said that was him. Ron has proven he is loyal to a fault and is incapable of making changes. It is time for Gettleman to start treating these coaches like he does the players and give them the axe. Make it clear to Ron that he does not in fact have final say over staff changes.

Dave did fug up the Norman situation, he should have forced Norman to play with the tag, could have still drafted the DBs as his eventual replacement because it was clear we were not in Normans long term plans.

the Rivera issues have is the same as the old jake Delhomme(pre-injury) arguments. Grass is always greener. 

So with that said if Ron Rivera is such a terrible coach, which he's not, who do you relace him with? You know him being the only HC in the NFCS history to win the division in back to back years, which ended with 3 straight titles and owns the best single season record for any NFC team Ever, and won coach of the year for 2 of the 3 previous season.

yeah there are coaches out there with resumes like that or better just growing on trees.

you can be all this or that guy needs to be fired but you also have to offer better alternatives and for HC thee just isn't anyone out there.

for OC there is a few Norve Turner chief among them, I've wanted Norve for years but he's always had another job till now

People can hail Rivera as this great coach who has won 3 straight division titles, but let's remember that one of this titles came at 7-8-1. They also went into halftime losing to a 3rd string QB in the playoffs. Last year the team went 15-1 basically on the back of superman. How many games did Ron go into a shell and almost let teams back into the game? Him and his staff were brutally out coached in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

People can hail Rivera as this great coach who has won 3 straight division titles, but let's remember that one of this titles came at 7-8-1. They also went into halftime losing to a 3rd string QB in the playoffs. Last year the team went 15-1 basically on the back of superman. How many games did Ron go into a shell and almost let teams back into the game? Him and his staff were brutally out coached in the playoffs.

Blah blah blah, you play the hand you are dealt, 3 straight titles are 3 straight titles no matter what you want to say about that. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions.

ive been on the huddle since year two, I've seen some dumb arguments, The whole "fire Ron Rivera!" This year, when you could argue that Gettleman handicapped him from the word go(which there is a strong argument for). Is one of the dumber arguments I've ever heard.

there clearly isn't anyone better then Ron available and as long as that's the case this is a dumb argument.

and honestly I think the Ken Dorsey stuff is a little overblown, so you are saying the same position coach that helped Cam to become MVP last year is the same reason he took a huge step back this year? Doubtful(stares at the O-Line). What would help Cam far more then a New QB coach is a better Oline and another reciever not named Olsen who has reliable hands. Because KB has been brutally bad all year with the exception of maybe 4 games.

blaming Dorsey at this point for shotty QB play when the Oline has been terrible all year, and we've had another year where we don't have a reliable reciever not named Olsen is asinine. You're not fixing the issue, you are just making Dorsey the scape goat.

4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Blah blah blah, you play the hand you are dealt, 3 straight titles are 3 straight titles no matter what you want to say about that. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions.

ive been on the huddle since year two, I've seen some dumb arguments, The whole "fire Ron Rivera!" This year, when you could argue that Gettleman handicapped him from the word go(which there is a strong argument for). Is one of the dumber arguments I've ever heard.

there clearly isn't anyone better then Ron available and as long as that's the case this is a dumb argument.

and honestly I think the Ken Dorsey stuff is a little overblown, so you are saying the same position coach that helped Cam to become MVP last year is the same reason he took a huge step back this year? Doubtful(stares at the O-Line). What would help Cam far more then a New QB coach is a better Oline and another reciever not named Olsen who has reliable hands. Because KB has been brutally bad all year with the exception of maybe 4 games.

I am with you, though I believe that "brutally bad" is a little brutal.

Much like general fans with lesser football knowledge, many Huddlers just want some blood. Damn the cold, hard facts about our two-time COTY, or intricacies of the dynamics of the downfall this season (like a lack of depth and injuries), they need their taste of blood. 

54 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I have been one of Dave Gettlemans biggest fans on these boards. I have argued with countless memebers on this board about him and have defended every move he has made. I will still argue with anyone that him letting Josh Norman go was the best move for this franchise. I truly believe he improved the long term outlook of this roster by letting Norman walk and drafting Bradberry and Worley. 

With all that said, I will turn on him if he allows Rivera to keep Shula and Dorsey on this staff. Let's ignore for a second that Rivera takes absolutely no accountability and should be shown the door himself. The "Big Cat" is a meddling owner who will not allow his GM fire the head coach. Let's not forget that he was not allowed to bring in his own coach and had Rivera shoved down his throat. It is time for Gettleman to take some control and tell Ron that Shula and Dorsey need to leave and if he has a problem with it then he can join Gary Kubiak in retirement.

Last week Ron was asked who had final say on staff changes. Without even blinking Ron said that was him. Ron has proven he is loyal to a fault and is incapable of making changes. It is time for Gettleman to start treating these coaches like he does the players and give them the axe. Make it clear to Ron that he does not in fact have final say over staff changes.

JR let Gettleman cut Smith with whom he was very close with

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I am with you, though I believe that "brutally bad" is a little brutal.

Much like general fans with lesser football knowledge, many Huddlers just want some blood. Damn the cold, hard facts about our two-time COTY, or intricacies of the dynamics of the downfall this season (like a lack of depth and injuries), they need their taste of blood. 

I hear ya, just kinda talking about expectation versus results out of KB, but maybe expectations were a bit high for him in his first season back

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Dave did fug up the Norman situation, he should have forced Norman to play with the tag, could have still drafted the DBs as his eventual replacement because it was clear we were not in Normans long term plans.

the Rivera issues have is the same as the old jake Delhomme(pre-injury) arguments. Grass is always greener. 

So with that said if Ron Rivera is such a terrible coach, which he's not, who do you relace him with? You know him being the only HC in the NFCS history to win the division in back to back years, which ended with 3 straight titles and owns the best single season record for any NFC team Ever, and won coach of the year for 2 of the 3 previous season.

yeah there are coaches out there with resumes like that or better just growing on trees.

you can be all this or that guy needs to be fired but you also have to offer better alternatives and for HC thee just isn't anyone out there.

for OC there is a few Norve Turner chief among them, I've wanted Norve for years but he's always had another job till now

False. Norman was not in OUR long term plans

Archived