• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Panthers were doomed from the start."

pantherclaw

RR spoke of this early in season, something along lines of "the schedule makers did us no favors". Panthers had 4 months of repeat Superbowl losing questions. Plus they played the last game of the season, then the first of the new season AT Denver.

Still no reason to cry about scheduling, it is what it is.......

“I think for us, especially the way we lost that game in Denver, it kind of stuck with us. We weren’t able to put it in the rearview mirror.”

I remember saying this would happen after the Denver game. Yet people here just kept saying it's only 1 game, we're only 0-1. Anyone with a brain could tell just by watching TD's reaction to the missed field goal this was going to set the stage for the entire season. 

Gano's useless ass makes that kick and this season is A LOT different 

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

“I think for us, especially the way we lost that game in Denver, it kind of stuck with us. We weren’t able to put it in the rearview mirror.”

I remember saying this would happen after the Denver game. Yet people here just kept saying it's only 1 game, we're only 0-1. Anyone with a brain could tell just by watching TD's reaction to the missed field goal this was going to set the stage for the entire season. 

Gano's useless ass makes that kick and this season is A LOT different 

Can't put it all on Gano. We had a double digit lead in the fourth and our offense had gone in the tank after the first half. If our offense had held up after half and our defense held up in the 4th it would never have been close, and never should've been close. Gano of course has struggled mightily and we need to bring in competition, but unlikely we upgrade significantly. Kicking has been an issue across the league except for a few teams who are fortunate. Will probably be stuck with Gano or another kicker not much better unless we do another trade for a vet like we did for Lee, which I absolutely wouldn't rule out or be against. 

18 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

That jazz about needing back players (KK and Mario) is just not the reality of the NFL.

Players and teams change every year...

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah, I think it was a little more important last season because at least two out of three starting corners were rookies. The loss of KK would affect us, but his loss would be easier to absorb with Star and Butler (and hopefully, Love) in the mix.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, I think it was a little more important last season because at least two out of three starting corners were rookies. The loss of KK would affect us, but his loss would be easier to absorb with Star and Butler (and hopefully, Love) in the mix.

That in addition to vet losses like Allen, Harper, Peanut and Cotch.

Archived