• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's see what you got!

Catufb85

Found this pretty cool website, http://first-pick.com/Default.aspx,  that is probably been put on here before, but find it pretty interest as the site does update seems weekly when players declare for the draft... People give it your best shot at the most Gettleman-like draft or your own personal flavor and what you would do.. Here's 1 of each from me starting with Gettleman-like and then my own...

Gettleman's Draft (Gettleman w/ Giants from 1999-2011 and took only 1 RB in first round : Ron Dayne.  Gettleman known for his Hawg Mollys. Failure to address line in draft continues?)

Round 1 Pick 8: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 2 Pick 8: Budda Baker, FS, Washington
Round 3 Pick 8: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Round 4 Pick 8: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson
Round 5 Pick 8: Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin
Round 6 Pick 8: Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane

My Draft:

Round 1 Pick 8: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (Can't pass up his talent here at 8)
Round 2 Pick 8: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (no need for explaining here)
Round 3 Pick 10 (PHI): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (This guy is 6'4 listed at 250 but has endless motor. Gain about 15-20 lbs get your edge rusher)
Round 4 Pick 8: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (Competition and take over FS for Boston)
Round 5 Pick 8: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (Added slot guy with speed, route running)
Round 5 Pick 12 (BUF): Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (Vertical threat 6'4 240 TE)
Round 6 Pick 8: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (Replacement for Tolbert and back to smash-mouth fullback type and soft hands coming out of the backfield)

1 hour ago, Catufb85 said:

Found this pretty cool website, http://first-pick.com/Default.aspx,  that is probably been put on here before, but find it pretty interest as the site does update seems weekly when players declare for the draft... People give it your best shot at the most Gettleman-like draft or your own personal flavor and what you would do.. Here's 1 of each from me starting with Gettleman-like and then my own...

I had to read this about seven times!

1 hour ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

Coleman was about to be flipping burgers until Rivera revitalize his career by switching him to FS in 2015. 

FLM, are you trolling, or do you actually believe that B.S.?

When Coleman was signed by Carolina PFF had him ranked the #26 safety in the NFL. Chip Kelly didn't have much use for him in Philly once Kelly arrived, despite Coleman putting up respectable numbers there. As a safety in K.C., he was part of a group that included Eric Berry, Husain Abdullah and Ron Parker, who were all good players in their own right, so he just didn't make the cut. I'm sure that all of these factors played a part in why Gettleman signed him in the first place, and of course he extended him after great play here.

Somewhere on the Huddle servers, there is a post from me telling people during that spring when we signed him that he may surprise a lot of people (because I recalled him in Philly as being solid). 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (IND): Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (N.O.): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A-)
Round 2 Pick 16 (IND): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (B)
Round 4 Pick 8: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (B-)
Round 5 Pick 8: Jadar Johnson, SS, Clemson (B+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

Was able to trade down to 14 and still draft Allen.  (wish this was real...)

On 1/18/2017 at 10:29 AM, Catufb85 said:

Gettleman's Draft (Gettleman w/ Giants from 1999-2011 and took only 1 RB in first round : Ron Dayne.  Gettleman known for his Hawg Mollys. Failure to address line in draft continues?)

Round 1 Pick 8: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 2 Pick 8: Budda Baker, FS, Washington
Round 3 Pick 8: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Round 4 Pick 8: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson
Round 5 Pick 8: Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin
Round 6 Pick 8: Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane

My Draft:

Round 1 Pick 8: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (Can't pass up his talent here at 8)
Round 2 Pick 8: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (no need for explaining here)
Round 3 Pick 10 (PHI): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (This guy is 6'4 listed at 250 but has endless motor. Gain about 15-20 lbs get your edge rusher)
Round 4 Pick 8: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (Competition and take over FS for Boston)
Round 5 Pick 8: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (Added slot guy with speed, route running)
Round 5 Pick 12 (BUF): Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (Vertical threat 6'4 240 TE)
Round 6 Pick 8: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (Replacement for Tolbert and back to smash-mouth fullback type and soft hands coming out of the backfield)

Ron Dayne...LOL ...

Here's mine

Round 1 Pick 8: Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (B)
Round 3 Pick 8: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 5 Pick 8: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (B+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (B)

Archived