• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

best way to bounce back and take the south.

juliosantos

Im torn between two options. First option is to get stronger on defense by keeping addison , charles johnson (if hes cheap) , kk short and paying for jpp in free agency with drafting jamaal adams . our defense would be great and the best way to stop these tough offenses is with a great defense but with our great defense how will the offense be ?

Second option is to get stronger on offense by adding a tackle in free agency , adding a fast wr for cheap and drafting leonard fournette . we are set at center and guard but tackle is in need of an upgrade and with us being a running team and stewart on the decline and his injury history it makes sense to draft a stud rb that been dominating the sec since his freshman year . 

we can get better at both but i dont think that will happen i feel we need to focus on one side this offseason  . What you guys think ? 

I prefer the balanced approach of making both sides of the ball better. Re-sign our talent if it doesn't break the bank, bring in a tackle in free agency since we can't draft a starter LT. Then just see how the draft unfolds and grab the most talented players that we can utilize. We should be able to draft some strong prospects at RB, S, TE, DE. Getting upgrades / long -term solutions at any of those positions would be huge so I don't think you stick with just one side of the ball.    

Im torn between two options. First option is to get stronger on defense by keeping addison , charles johnson (if hes cheap) , kk short and paying for jpp in free agency with drafting jamaal adams . our defense would be great and the best way to stop these tough offenses is with a great defense but with our great defense how will the offense be ?

Second option is to get stronger on offense by adding a tackle in free agency , adding a fast wr for cheap and drafting leonard fournette . we are set at center and guard but tackle is in need of an upgrade and with us being a running team and stewart on the decline and his injury history it makes sense to draft a stud rb that been dominating the sec since his freshman year . 

we can get better at both but i dont think that will happen i feel we need to focus on one side this offseason  . What you guys think ? 

I say is going to take more than one off-season to correct the wrongs I say we strengthen the offense we strengthen the difference so that means half of what you said for the defense and half of what you said for the offense and I think will be good for next year because like I said you can have a lot of talent and everything that goes along with it but you just got I have a little bit a look to win these games so let's pray that we have that next year

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Go all out defense. Offense will benefit from increase in turnovers and not playing from behind

Sent from my XT1094 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah but that means absolutely nothing if you continuously get sacked if you continuously have no time to third of all if the pocket collapses prematurely and if it's just all over nightmare I say we need to split it that way we improve the defense which is already a step ahead of the offense in my opinion and improve the office at least one position needs to be improved I don't care 🤷🏾‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The way I see it. Both can and will happen. Via draft, Free Agency. In the draft there are several positions that can be upgraded and it's a loaded draft. In free agency it's about fit. I do see several players that can come in and help this team. First and foremost the ones that are our own. Keep those. KK, Love, Addison, Ginn, etc. Also some that would fit this team and the scheme. Free agency will set up the draft and the draft will fill up this team to be ready for next season. With a loaded draft like this one at positions of need I don't see why this team can't do a full turn around and have 12+ wins next season and be right back in it. 

What concerns me is the health issue and the offensive line. C, T. Especially Kalil. He's getting up there and he's such an integral piece to this offense that many don't realize it. We need a successor ready to step in and I wouldn't be surprised if we address this in the draft. 

My best way

Sign jpp, cyprien and peppers on the defensive side of the ball along with keeping Addison and short 

Sign matt kalil on the offensive side.

Then go heavy on offense in the draft. Mike Williams in the first, foreman in the second best available te in the third along with an ot to groom.

On 1/19/2017 at 3:39 PM, juliosantos said:

I really think that G-man will trade around some to get us 3 top 60 picks then pick 3 of the following posuitions based on who is BPA at the time: RB, SS, LT, DE (with LT not being #8). that way both sides of the ball are addressed.  Obviously, this is contingent on FA. Also, I'd love to see a decent WR (slot guy) or TE at # 99 or #107 (whichever we don't trade away), and a nasty-ass FB and kicker in the late rounds.

Archived