• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SS Jamal Adams - Good Film Study

Saca312

SS Jamal Adams is getting a ton of hype. Many here consider him - including me -  an absolute must-grab if available with the #8 pick. He would immediately solidify a position of necessity (SS) and provide immediate impact and leadership to go along with our ball-hawking Kurt Coleman when he's moved to his natural FS position.

As I was searching around for some good information concerning draft picks, I came across this beauty:

Certainly never heard of this commentator/youtuber before, but he provides some very good insight into Jamal Adams and what he brings to the table.

If him and Fournette are available at the same time, that'd certainly be a tough choice. But, after thinking, I believe we could find immediate value in the later rounds at runningback, and come out with a solid day one starter in Adams if he's available. 

I certainly want him after watching this. 

Discuss.

20 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

You get the sense Gettleman is looking at Safety and realizing Boston isn't a starter and is looking for one in round 1 or 2. I honestly think Adams, Hooker or Obi would be great though Adams and Obi seem more logical.

Gettleman has remarked on this safety class in his presser a while back.

I can assure you Boston is not a true starter at FS. Coleman can't play SS.

We'll likely look for a fix this offseason.

55 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

You get the sense Gettleman is looking at Safety and realizing Boston isn't a starter and is looking for one in round 1 or 2. I honestly think Adams, Hooker or Obi would be great though Adams and Obi seem more logical.

Let's not hype Obi like he's even close to the player Hooker is (not sure if that's what you were doing). I can see why you could say Obi is more logical but he's going to take far more time to develop and adjust to the NFL than Hooker is. Let's not forget that Hooker takes the ball away; something Wilks, Rivera, and Gettleman put a premium on. I don't think Coleman being on the roster really changes the Adams vs. Hooker debate. If Malik is higher on their board than Jamal I think they will draft Malik. Adams and Hooker are both elite safety prospects and if either was the pick, I would love it. I'm not totally sure either will be on the board at 8 in which case another elite prospect will likely be on the board. Right now my realistic top 4 at 8 is something like below with a big gap between Hooker and Thomas. If we knock our first 3 picks out of the park this team is right back where it needs to be assuming free agency fills holes  

1. Adams 2. Fournette 3. Hooker 4. Solomon Thomas 

Let's not hype Obi like he's even close to the player Hooker is. I'm not sure if that's what you're doing but Adams and Hooker are both elite safety prospects and if either was the pick, I would love it. I'm not totally sure either will be on the board at 8 in which case another elite prospect will likely be on the board. Right now my realistic top 4 at 8 is something like below with a big gap between Hooker and Thomas. If we knock our first 3 picks out of the park this team is right back where it needs to be assuming free agency fills holes  

1-3 looks solid, although I'd flip LF and MH but that's just personal pref. I'd love any of them. Don't get the Solomon Thomas hype at all for us. Like Taco Charlton better as a fit for CAR tbh

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

IMO, we need a SS that has both Leadership, and Communication skills. Let me explain. To be a true leader you need to be able to take charge Cerebrally, and Physically. By setting the example off the field during class, or workouts. Or on the field during games, or practice. Can he be that lead by example guy? And can he make his mates better?

And can he communicate at game speed? Is he able to not only line you up right, but can he keep you on track during the play. Because to me, that is what makes a great SS. His ability to talk through a play. That ability to not only analyze  a play, but to communicate while doing so.

That is a SS that can lead your backfield. Now is that guy a FA? One that can cost you some money, but will take control right away. Or is he a rook? And the inevitable growing pains that come with him? Most coaches would probably go with the former. Well, because their job is to win I suppose. But if you get the right rook. He can set you up  for some long term success.

Me? Because we have some money, I would go the FA route. I just feel that position merits the attention.

Just one more in the semi long line of decisions Gman, and Ron have to make here in the near future.

Oh, and just an FYI. We already have a FS that, over the last two years, has played at an All Pro level. So we don't really need to invest any resources into another FS. Let's get us that SS that can lead us back to glory shall we?

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Gettleman has remarked on this safety class in his presser a while back.

I can assure you Boston is not a true starter at FS. Coleman can't play SS.

We'll likely look for a fix this offseason.

Gettleman will either draft one in mid rounds or bring in via FA . 

The sense I'm getting from the organization is that it's going to be offenseive pick. Secondary is going to improve with experience and having Wilks call the defensive plays will better utilize their talent unlike McD playing soft 

Fournette  > Adams it's not even close 

12 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Let's not hype Obi like he's even close to the player Hooker is (not sure if that's what you were doing). I can see why you could say Obi is more logical but he's going to take far more time to develop and adjust to the NFL than Hooker is. Let's not forget that Hooker takes the ball away; something Wilks, Rivera, and Gettleman put a premium on. I don't think Coleman being on the roster really changes the Adams vs. Hooker debate. If Malik is higher on their board than Jamal I think they will draft Malik. Adams and Hooker are both elite safety prospects and if either was the pick, I would love it. I'm not totally sure either will be on the board at 8 in which case another elite prospect will likely be on the board. Right now my realistic top 4 at 8 is something like below with a big gap between Hooker and Thomas. If we knock our first 3 picks out of the park this team is right back where it needs to be assuming free agency fills holes  

Obi in the 2nd is what I mean, Adams and Hooker would be great choices in the 1st. I think it's easy for us on the Huddle to want a SS over Hooker just because we want the quickest route to a Super Bowl. That being said a SS would immediately improve this defense while Coleman could move back to FS. The problem is I think Coleman is at best an above average FS even with all those picks, which are misleading. Truth is Hooker, while he struggles in the the tackling Dept, is truly an elite center field FS that can shut down deep routes with speed and instincts.

Archived