• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lessons learned from the Patriots.

pstall

Belichick and Brady aside. Here are off the top of my head what they are good at. Oh remove spying too.

They have athletic versatile players on both sides of the ball.

They get something in return when they let players go.

They aren't afraid to go with the hot hand and they rotate guys in so they get touches to at least get hot. 

They wrap up tackles.

They don't shoot themselves in the foot.

They don't get caught up in the draft hype. They draft guys that fit THEIR system.

Im sure I'm missing some.

12 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Just this season they got rid of Jamie Collins and chandler jones and got basically nothing for them. 

Basically nothing is better than absolutely nothing. New England is great at flipping players turning scrap heap into art.

People hate to give credit to how good Belicheat and Brady really are.  Brady has this mad desire to prove he is the greatest and that desire never fades.  somehow that team just turns $hit into apple butter when it comes to players and thats all on coaching. I've come to terms with  the fact that this franchise will never be great like the Steelers once were and the Patriots are now. Our owner is too cheap and too content on what they feel is consistency.  

But Richardson wants to follow the Steelers' model of success. No, bitch NE is THE Franchise id do my damned hardest to emulate. An Owner who backs his QB, an organization that disdains losing, etc. When was the last time the Pats went 6-10? 7-8-1?

27 minutes ago, ickmule said:

People hate to give credit to how good Belicheat and Brady really are.  Brady has this mad desire to prove he is the greatest and that desire never fades.  somehow that team just turns $hit into apple butter when it comes to players and thats all on coaching. I've come to terms with  the fact that this franchise will never be great like the Steelers once were and the Patriots are now. Our owner is too cheap and too content on what they feel is consistency.  

Agree on all but the last part. This franchise may never be a dynasty under the current owner, but he won't be around forever. And the team must be sold after his demise, so it'll get new ownership blood and let's hope it is an owner who has the desire to win Lombardi's as much as we as fans want them. 

52 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Bellichck never stopped coaching...he said he was making a adjustments in the 1st quarter....I saw him with photos talking with his  DL early, as well as thumbing thru more photos late in the game

players make plays, and the pats players made great ones, but graet coaches put them in the right position to do so

our coaches are like Shenahan in that we don't have the feel for the game as it progresses...while Brady is the GOAT, Bellichk is just so much better than anybody we have 

also...hope the falcons take a decade to recover from this

512x.jpg

This game proved why the Patriots are renowned for their game planing in the build up to games and during games. They had a plan A, B, and C. They had issues with the Falcons stunts and delayed blitzes early on and made adjustments. They started running empty sets, no huddle, James White, crossing routes. On Defense, they abandoned zone and started doing press man so that they could force Ryan to hold onto the ball, which lead to key sacks late in the game. I like Ron as a person but he will just be there on the sideline crossing his arms and say "missed opportunities". As a poster already mentioned, players do have to execute but coaches also have to put them in position to make plays. I'm tired of "we do what we do" and not worry about how the defense is attacking us.

Archived