• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Jonathan Stewart Not Expected To Be Released; Hints Of Offense's Future

Saca312

1 minute ago, Vagrant said:

I don't buy into the philosophy of a player having less miles on them because of how much time they've missed due to injury. I heard a long, long time ago from a person I trust that Stewart has a degenerative ankle/foot problem that he has battled with his entire career as far back as Oregon. I don't really consider that priviledged information considering the amount of time he's missed for lower leg injuries lately, but it's far from a good thing that he has less carries than most backs his age because he's too hurt to play more often than not. 

The worry with Stew is always gonna be injuries but I was referring to less tread on his tires from splitting carries with DeAngelo for 7 seasons.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

The worry with Stew is always gonna be injuries but I was referring to less tread on his tires from splitting carries with DeAngelo for 7 seasons.

I honestly believe the reason the tandem existed in the first place was because of how unreliable Stewart has been due to injury. Most other backs that performed as strongly as Stewart would have been given the keys, but we've never been able to trust him to stay healthy. I only see that being a bigger danger as he advances into the twilight of his career. Not saying I wouldn't like to be wrong, but these things tend to add up a lot more with age. 

4 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Good luck running the ball behind swiss cheese of offensive lines.

*Snore*

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

2. Carolina Panthers (22nd)
Pass-blocking rank: 4th

Run-blocking rank: 6th

Penalties rank: 7th

Summary: ... The strength is obviously the interior, where Andrew Norwell (building on a successful rookie year), Turner, and Ryan Kalil are amongst the best at their position. They’re a foundation for success on the line.

Let's see who was the o-line in 2015:

Oher, Norwell, Kalil, Turner, Remmers

2017 projection:

Oher, Norwell, Kalil, Turner, Williams (Remmers as depth)

Wait, we got an upgrade? And we were the #2 o-line with those 2015 starters? 

Hmmm...

Guest Lasus83
I'd have a better time at the lottery before Gettleman even considers cashing the bank on him. He won't pay that much for an o-line person.

I hope you are right.

But I will bet the market value for Reiff will be 13M.

I would much prefer him for 8M

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't think that statement means anything.   It may be that he believes that Stewart will be back but until there is wet ink on a contract no one knows until DG gets it done.

CAP doesn't seem to be the answer and if we are lucky we get 1 or 2 years maybe 3 years with Stewart.  If we have a chance to grab a quality RB in round one I hope we grab it.

Archived