• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FB Mike Tolbert: Has "Respect" For The Way He Was Released By The Panthers; No Hard Feelings

Saca312

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Those other guys just don't have the class Tolbert has. I like Tolbert but just like Delhomme before him, he is done.

If he's sitting on the couch in December, and the Panthers have a need, and he's been eating salads without ranch...(nothing creamy) I could see him coming back.

His stock with fans took one of the biggest nose dives I can ever recall seeing with a panthers player. 

That fumble in the super bowl man....sadly one of the last things I'll remember about him. Him not getting that one first down in Oakland this year was another one of the plays that really showed his time here had run its course. 

25 minutes ago, Jangler said:

If he's sitting on the couch in December, and the Panthers have a need, and he's been eating salads without ranch...(nothing creamy) I could see him coming back.

I've been skimming through other message boards and there's been chatter of other team's fans really wanting to sign him.  lol. Proof they don't watch our games. 

15 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think it's a matter of Rivera and Gettleman learning from past mistakes. 

Here's a shocker, but I'm going to half-disagree (and half-agree) with you in that I don't think Gettleman or Rivera consider how they handled it in the past a "mistake".

I think they handled it the same way they had always seen it handled "back in the day" when they were younger (Rivera as a player and a young coach, Gettleman as a young scout and administrator).  Its what they knew.  Its what they were used to.

But how they handled it "back in the day" didn't take into account the huge egos and demands for "respect" that come from players today (who make more in a week than some players made in a year back when Rivera was a player).

So they learned and adapted to a "new" way.  But, again, that didn't make what they did previously a "mistake".

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Here's a shocker, but I'm going to half-disagree (and half-agree) with you in that I don't think Gettleman or Rivera consider how they handled it in the past a "mistake".

I think they handled it the same way they had always seen it handled "back in the day" when they were younger (Rivera as a player and a young coach, Gettleman as a young scout and administrator).  Its what they knew.  Its what they were used to.

But how they handled it "back in the day" didn't take into account the huge egos and demands for "respect" that come from players today (who make more in a week than some players made in a year back when Rivera was a player).

So they learned and adapted to a "new" way.  But, again, that didn't make what they did previously a "mistake".

I get what you're saying, but being the old way doesn't make it the right way either.  It's a cold business, we all know that.  But some players rightfully demand that respect.  You don't just stick a pink slip on the locker of a team captain, face of the franchise for over a decade and best player in team history. 

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I get what you're saying, but being the old way doesn't make it the right way either.  It's a cold business, we all know that.  But some players rightfully demand that respect.  You don't just stick a pink slip on the locker of a team captain, face of the franchise for over a decade and best player in team history. 

What evidence is there that they did this to Smith? This seems to all of a sudden be considered a fact but never heard about this. Honest question.

Archived