• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you watched the games, and you believe Stewart is the reason why the running game sucks...please explain yourself.

Wundrbread33

2 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

Dude.. all you say is "Stewart stays hurt"

Over and over through different threads you just keep blowing the same horn.

And that horn is based on how you feel about things and not actual fact.

OP says bring the heat... not some used up erroneous garbage.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Why so mad?  It is the truth. He hasnt played a full year in a long time. He just missed 5 games. Did I mention Stewart stays hurt. I am not sure if I did. Did I mention Stewart stays hurt? Stewart ... Hurt you reading that. 

16 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Obviously CAP is not a replacement. Stewart stays hurt and that is not overblown IMHO. It is what it is though. If we rely on him to stay healthy a full season we have no one to blame but ourselves when he goes down. 

He does get hurt, didn't mean to say otherwise. Just no more than the average NFL starting running back. Running backs get hurt a lot, and Stewart is no different in that regard.  That is why a run heavy team such as ours needs at least two capable backs.  

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He does get hurt, didn't mean to say otherwise. Just no more than the average NFL running back. Running backs get hurt a lot, and Stewart is no different in that regard.  That is why a run heavy team such as ours needs at least two capable backs.  

Agree with needing another back regardless cut Stewart or not.

Guest Lasus83
Why so mad?  It is the truth. He hasnt played a full year in a long time. He just missed 5 games. Did I mention Stewart stays hurt. I am not sure if I did. Did I mention Stewart stays hurt? Stewart ... Hurt you reading that. 

You are not getting under my skin with any Internet garbage. The wife has the monopoly on that game.

It is NOT the truth, though.

He is slightly below average for games played... slightly. He averages just over 13 GP per year and the NFL average is just under 14.

You can say that the sky is green is true... but everyone that has seen the sky, or done any analysis on stew, knows you are flat wrong.

I've been watching our run offense film the past couple days and will be posting an extremely extensive breakdown sometime before the draft probably, whenever I get done with it, and while I'm no expert football mind, I do trust my eyes and think what I'm seeing is pretty accurate...

I'll start out by saying I don't think Stew is the biggest problem with our run game or that we should get rid of him. But I don't think we can keep him at his current cap hit when we can get $6.25M back by cutting him this year. I really really hope he takes a pay cut and we keep him but if he won't then moving on is necessary. 

Stew is is still an extremely useful player but he has some significant flaws at this point.

-His career of lower body injuries has really tallied up and though Stew is still arguably the best tackle breaker in the league, he doesn't really have much burst or explosion left in his cuts and can't pick up the yards he should after a broken tackle or after hitting the hole (for example, he has very solid runs of like 4 yards that could go for 10 or 20 if he were younger and less beat up, or that someone like Fournette could take for 80).

-He still misses games with injury every year, and a big reason for our offensive struggles in the SB were because he was hurt. At some point with players like this it's better to have a less talented guy you can count on than to have a beast who's out when you most need him. Kind of like recent talks about the Pats possibly moving on from Gronk.

-Most important in my opinion is that Stew is the perfect read option back. We're (hopefully) moving away from that going forward and I don't think Stew will fare as well in a different run game, and keeping him is tempting Shula to still use the read option as a key part of our offense. 

Ideally, we draft Fournette and he's our feature, 3 down back with Stew as a breather back and in on passing situations where we need extra protection while Fournette is still learning to master the blitz pickup in the NFL. Of course this is contingent on our offense indeed changing going forward, and making Cam strictly a pocket passer who scrambles when it's there and no designed runs outside of key short yardage situations. Fournette in a read option would be a nightmare for our team, and a dream for opposing defenses. 

Guest Lasus83
I like jstew.  he's a great pass blocker, in the top 2-3 in the league at breaking tackles (a necessary skill with the oline), and he made ronde bounce off the ground. 

image.gif

This gif is by far my favorite stew moment

Guest Lasus83
I've been watching our run offense film the past couple days and will be posting an extremely extensive breakdown sometime before the draft probably, whenever I get done with it, and while I'm no expert football mind, I do trust my eyes and think what I'm seeing is pretty accurate...

I'll start out by saying I don't think Stew is the biggest problem with our run game or that we should get rid of him. But I don't think we can keep him at his current cap hit when we can get $6.25M back by cutting him this year. I really really hope he takes a pay cut and we keep him but if he won't then moving on is necessary. 

Stew is is still an extremely useful player but he has some significant flaws at this point.

-His career of lower body injuries has really tallied up and though Stew is still arguably the best tackle breaker in the league, he doesn't really have much burst or explosion left in his cuts and can't pick up the yards he should after a broken tackle or after hitting the hole (for example, he has very solid runs of like 4 yards that could go for 10 or 20 if he were younger and less beat up, or that someone like Fournette could take for 80).

-He still misses games with injury every year, and a big reason for our offensive struggles in the SB were because he was hurt. At some point with players like this it's better to have a less talented guy you can count on than to have a beast who's out when you most need him. Kind of like recent talks about the Pats possibly moving on from Gronk.

-Most important in my opinion is that Stew is the perfect read option back. We're (hopefully) moving away from that going forward and I don't think Stew will fare as well in a different run game, and keeping him is tempting Shula to still use the read option as a key part of our offense. 

Ideally, we draft Fournette and he's our feature, 3 down back with Stew as a breather back and in on passing situations where we need extra protection while Fournette is still learning to master the blitz pickup in the NFL. Of course this is contingent on our offense indeed changing going forward, and making Cam strictly a pocket passer who scrambles when it's there and no designed runs outside of key short yardage situations. Fournette in a read option would be a nightmare for our team, and a dream for opposing defenses. 

Man, the idea of Stewart as a breather back for fournette makes me need to go towel off

I've heard no one say "Stewart is the reason that the running game sucks". 

People that want him cut, for the most part, don't blame him for our struggles, they just don't believe he's worth what he's getting paid, particularly because he's has health issues (although his health issues do get overblown at times)

Also I think you may notice (not sure) a connection between those they want him cut and those that want Fournette. They believe Fournette can be special. Even with an average line. 

Archived