• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Igo

As to me, I could do between 5 and 10 reps of 225 despite only weighing about 150...

...thirty years ago when I was in high school and playing football.

Nowadays it's reversed. I weigh closer to 225 and I'd probably be lucky to bench 150.

7 minutes ago, csx said:

Seems a major waste of time and shoulder destroyer on top of that..

If you're destroying your shoulders you're doing it wrong and not clenching your back and using more trap support than shoulders. Really any classic compound bodybuilding workout, with proper form, is completely fine on the body given you eat properly and rest properly.

Muscle building and resistance training in general is very healthy for the body so really your question as to why do it is kind of confusing. I would argue why not do it?

I'm one of those "Naturally" strong kinda guys. I don't lift, but the other day when the wife's truck broke down I carried it home. I once carried a piano down three flights of stairs.

I am also swift of foot. As I can run multiple yards in an extremely short period of time. And am also able to run across a swimming pool, saving precious beer fetching time.

I can please the wife, breakfast, and watch the game, all before I get out of bed.

Remarkable, and extraordinary are just a few adjectives that have been thrown my way.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gymnastics training takes a lot of strength.

Definitely!  I love my rings.  I think I'd be able to hold my own in a conventional gym.  The only test of strength I have now is the +60 lbs chinups and dips I do weighing ~145.  

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm one of those "Naturally" strong kinda guys. I don't lift, but the other day when the wife's truck broke down I carried it home. I once carried a piano down three flights of stairs.

I am also swift of foot. As I can run multiple yards in an extremely short period of time. And am also able to run across a swimming pool, saving precious beer fetching time.

I can please the wife, breakfast, and watch the game, all before I get out of bed.

Remarkable, and extraordinary are just a few adjectives that have been thrown my way.

IMG_4475.GIF

1 hour ago, 15 said:

bet your wife wouldn't think it would be a major waste of time if you lifted.

You really are a child aren't you?

If you have spent any time in a gym in the past 20 years you would have noticed only the oafs are bench pressing

Archived