• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a random thought.

iamhubby1

Is there anyone out there who is as confused about this draft as I am?

Someone brings up Fornette. So you get a bunch of reasons why we won't get him.

Adams, Garrett, Ross, Howard? Not going to happen for us?

Hence my confusion. I mean, who are we going to get if we don't get one of these guys? Since the end of the season, I have been looking forward to getting a stud at #8. Now, after reading all these mock threads, I am convinced we may not get that stud after all.

So...if you don't mind. Could you guys make up my mind already? Are we getting that DE? Or, is Fournette in my future? That Adams character is intriguing, but a SS at #8 just doesn't seem right. Please. For the love of all that is sacred. Put me out of my misery, and tell me who we are getting. Have a heart guys. I can't be asking all that much, can I?

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Is there anyone out there who is as confused about this draft as I am?

Someone brings up Fornette. So you get a bunch of reasons why we won't get him.

Adams, Garrett, Ross, Howard? Not going to happen for us?

Hence my confusion. I mean, who are we going to get if we don't get one of these guys? Since the end of the season, I have been looking forward to getting a stud at #8. Now, after reading all these mock threads, I am convinced we may not get that stud after all.

So...if you don't mind. Could you guys make up my mind already? Are we getting that DE? Or, is Fournette in my future? That Adams character is intriguing, but a SS at #8 just doesn't seem right. Please. For the love of all that is sacred. Put me out of my misery, and tell me who we are getting. Have a heart guys. I can't be asking all that much, can I?

Short answer is it depends on if Jacksonville goes QB or Fournette, I think if Trubisky drops to Jacksonville they will have a tougher choice, but I see him going to the 49'ers 

Adams could end up being a real stud, so yeah SS doesnt make sense, but getting a Elite level player at every level in the Defense wont hurt, Short, Luke/davis and then Adams,

Personally, I think we draft eighth in a draft with five top-tier players that are scheme transcendent and therefore fit any team:

Garrett

Thomas

Hooker

Adams

Lattimore

I think the next tier, for the Panthers, are talented players that fit - or could fit - what we do on offense / defense:

OJ Howard

Fournette (can he be as effective from shotgun?)

Corey Davis

Jonathan Allen

John Ross

So my guess is one of the top 5 if available, or one of the bottom tier if the top five are gone.  I think it's possible the Panthers would place Howard/Fournette over Adams.

Basically, we should root for QBs to go early.

Year after year with Gman, the huddle usually narrows it down to a couple guys for the first/second pick and it's never who the huddle expects it to be, like ever. It's some pick out of left field. Even more applicable to this draft as there are a lot of great options so this there will be a lot of opinions. G's BPA is always different than huddle opinions. I see S/DE as being the two main positions this draft will be focused on. RB may come in but not before the former. Just my opinion, for all we know he may take a LB or WR.

It depends on who gets picked in the first 7 and also depends on who the team has on their big board which none of us will know, which means we will keep guessing until draft day . 

Food for thought, even the mock drafts by the so called experts are usually wrong  . All it takes is one team making a screwball pick or some laremy tunsil type unpredictable incident to throw all your predictions to the wayside 

2 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Year after year with Gman, the huddle usually narrows it down to a couple guys for the first/second pick and it's never who the huddle expects it to be, like ever. It's some pick out of left field. Even more applicable to this draft as there are a lot of great options so this there will be a lot of opinions. G's BPA is always different than huddle opinions. I see S/DE as being the two main positions this draft will be focused on. RB may come in but not before the former. Just my opinion, for all we know he may take a LB or WR.

last time a prospect was talked about as much as Fournette on here it was Star, this year is a strange one because because most on here think Fournette would be the DUH choice, but we dont know if he would make it to us, my mock draft thread earlier was in part an attempt to figure out if that would be possible and if not who it could be.

so basically it comes down to Jax, will they go QB or not, if not they will most certainly go Fournette.  the only other possible kink is Tennessee but that has to do with WR/TE and not Fournette. the only definite that I can figure out is that we will have a shot at a top end DL and that being either Allen or Thomas.

Archived