• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks open for a Sherman Trade

Catufb85

"reports" from Bleacher Report saying Seahawks are open to listening to teams interested in trading for Richard Sherman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Assuming a team would have to give up quite a lot and take on that contract, would be interesting to see what that price tag/trade price would be.  This isn't in assumption the Panthers would even consider this move but I can't help but to think Browns and Patriots may be brewing up something.

personally I would acquire info if I were the Panthers.  Bradberry and Sherman would be a deadly combo.  his $11 million cap isn't that bad for one of the best corners in the league.  0.1% chances of it actually happen. But I would possibly be willing to make a trade. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Makes me wonder why. Why would a team be willing to trade one of their defensive cornerstones who is only 28 years old and is signed through next season? Seems like there would have  to be something going on.

Pretty much.

This has "buyer beware" written all over it.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Makes me wonder why. Why would a team be willing to trade one of their defensive cornerstones who is only 28 years old and is signed through next season? Seems like there would have  to be something going on.

Not speaking only about this particular case, but being willing to trade a player doesn't mean anything. I guarantee you we'd be "willing" to trade Luke if we were offered a boatload by the Browns including their 1sts, 2nds and 3rds the next 2-3 years. Obviously not realistic but if a team is blown away by an offer, any player could be traded.

Total buyer beware....ewww...  I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole!

Sherman has thrived in Seattle due to the system, team, whatever.  Is he the type of player who can step out into a different defense and still thrive?  He's a very smart guy, competitive player, and a leader.  Very good qualities.  Why shop that in his prime with a good contract now?  Something is afoot indeed.

If this was a real thing, you can see someone going for it.  My only thought is that Seattle has a few guys who they think they can draft to replace him.  I still wouldn't do it!

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Not speaking only about this particular case, but being willing to trade a player doesn't mean anything. I guarantee you we'd be "willing" to trade Luke if we were offered a boatload by the Browns including their 1sts, 2nds and 3rds the next 2-3 years. Obviously not realistic but if a team is blown away by an offer, any player could be traded.

Sure, but there's a difference between that and letting word leak that a guy may be available. That's usually a direct effort to drum up offers. Plus, you don't want to risk word getting back to the player and the lockerroom if a deal doesn't happen. If you let word get out about something like this, you gotta be pretty open to business and willing to take a reasonable offer not just looking to shoot the moon.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure, but there's a difference between that and letting word leak that a guy may be available. That's usually a direct effort to drum up offers. Plus, you don't want to risk word getting back to the player and the lockerroom if a deal doesn't happen. If you let word get out about something like this, you gotta be pretty open to business and willing to take a reasonable offer not just looking to shoot the moon.

Could just as likely be a nonsense media report as an intentional leak.

Archived