• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heap accidentally kills daughter

RoaringRiot

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Have to make sure there were no drugs, alcohol involved, and investigate if there was ever any abuse.

Parent's aren't supposed to bury children...and they certainly aren't supposed to be the ones taking their life.  I cannot imagine the pain they are all going through.

Had an acquaintance do something similar a few months ago....I'm worried for his sanity/life.

Same thing happened to a friend of my dad's when I was little.  He came out in the morning to go to work and realized he had left his briefcase in the house.  He did not poo the front door behind him when he came in.  He went upstairs to grab his briefcase and headed back out.  He did not realize that his 3yo daughter wandered outside and was sitting g behind the car...he never saw her.  He got in the car and backed up killing her.

It was devastating to him and his family.  He spent years in counseling trying to learn to deal with it.  

My heart goes out to anyone in this situation.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Have to make sure there were no drugs, alcohol involved, and investigate if there was ever any abuse.

Parent's aren't supposed to bury children...and they certainly aren't supposed to be the ones taking their life.  I cannot imagine the pain they are all going through.

Had an acquaintance do something similar a few months ago....I'm worried for his sanity/life.

Think the article said no alcohol involved

Prayers up for healing and self-forgiveness. I don't have children so there's no way I can imagine the pain the poor guy is going through. I would have a hard time not feeling like the biggest piece of trash on the planet. He's definitely not. It was an accident. I'm just saying the thoughts would be there if I were in his shoes.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I know of a situation exactly the same. It's a travesty but somehow, good people were able to try to go forward in a positive fashion. Letting it destroy more is understandable but does not serve a purpose. I hope they can do the same.

1 minute ago, Jaycat said:

I know it's a bit of a different circumstance, but the 5 year old Charlotte boy killed yesterday in an Atlanta rotating restaurant was horrible too. Can't figure out exactly how it happened.

I saw that headline but didn't get to read it yet. Any details?

2 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I saw that headline but didn't get to read it yet. Any details?

So far they've only said it involved the 4 inch area where the stationary wall meets the rotating floor. Also, the furniture is bolted down. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

31 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I got Six girls and the baby got earrings and she cried.  I got sad seeing her tears. I couldn't even imagine something this bad.

I pray for you Todd Heap.  God help him through this period.

I know what you mean. Had to hold my little girl down while they were piercing her ears. She just looked at me like "daddy how could you" as she was crying. That messed me up bad, I couldn't imagine this. Prayers out to Heap and his family. This is terrible..

Archived