• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some ''Non-Huddler'' Jaguars Opinions on Fournette

SetfreexX

29 minutes ago, Dex said:

He's a talent for sure but I don't want him at 8 and I'd rather he go to the AFC than go anywhere near the NFC or worse the NFCS. He's not very elusive and I'm not confident his upright running/bowl everyone over style will translate to the NFL. I want a fast elusive back added to our backfield. Not saying LF sucks and I won't bitch if we take him but it's just my point of view.

I think that's reasonable. Fournette is not my first, or even fourth choice but I do like him, even at 8.

35 minutes ago, Dex said:

I think I'm the only one wants the Jags to take LF.

I won't be mad if they do. All I want is for us not to trade up. I really don't care who we get at 8 anymore, just don't trade up to 2 or 3

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It would be how it seems ha, I haven't even opened the article. I'm just saying after 2017 Ivory is very easy to cut ties with contract wise and none of the guys you mentioned are still a good enough reason to pass up on Fournette.

At the end of the day the Jags need to find a way to keep the ball out of Bortles hands as much as possible. Fournette will be the closest thing to a real solution. 

I get you're talking economical stand point but with how Ivory's contract is structured and the talent drop off from all those guys to LF, it just doesn't make sense from a economical or football stand point. LF needs to be their pick.

Note to self**

Draft running back to a team with no QB, and no OL. Thanks, that makes much more sense than being cap, and roster conscious. You can keep the ball out the QBs hands all you want, but it isn't going to result in winning games. (See LA with Gurley & Goff)

With Coughlin in the office, I see them taking another pass rusher looking to further solidify the defense first. You build a team inside out, QB/OL/DL, once you have the QB, and OL then you can consider the HB, just my personal stance. If Stewart was 26/27, I'd hope we'd be looking elsewhere at #8. I'd want the same for us (solidify the trenches), and for at least 2017 I think free agency, and retaining Short has done that which is why I think we take Fournette, and from the beginning to me Jacksonville didn't make any sense for Fournette. 

Dallas was a playoff team picking at #4, we are a playoff team picking at #8, to me if I'm the Jacksonville GM I'm taking the best available pass rusher, or I'm looking to acquire more draft capital. 

29 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That being said, i'm just about equally skeptical about McCaffrey's pro prospects.  I think he will end up being a lot like Reggie Bush - jack of all trades, master of none, and too slight to be a featured back.  I also think he'll have trouble contributing on offense because of his lack of physicality and i think his fit here is even worse because his only hope of being truly great is playing under an offensive mind that can take advantage of the mismatches he creates in spots... that offensive mind is NOT Shula.

YEP.  Pretty much.  

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Note to self**

Draft running back to a team with no QB, and no OL. Thanks, that makes much more sense than being cap, and roster conscious. You can keep the ball out the QBs hands all you want, but it isn't going to result in winning games. (See LA with Gurley & Goff)

With Coughlin in the office, I see them taking another pass rusher looking to further solidify the defense first. You build a team inside out, QB/OL/DL, once you have the QB, and OL then you can consider the HB, just my personal stance. If Stewart was 26/27, I'd hope we'd be looking elsewhere at #8. I'd want the same for us (solidify the trenches), and for at least 2017 I think free agency, and retaining Short has done that which is why I think we take Fournette, and from the beginning to me Jacksonville didn't make any sense for Fournette. 

Dallas was a playoff team picking at #4, we are a playoff team picking at #8, to me if I'm the Jacksonville GM I'm taking the best available pass rusher, or I'm looking to acquire more draft capital. 

Well I hope you're right because I will gladly take LF at 8 if none of those 7 teams in front of us want him

9 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I won't be mad if they do. All I want is for us not to trade up. I really don't care who we get at 8 anymore, just don't trade up to 2 or 3

Couldn't have said this better myself.  Just too costly.  IMO, I wouldn't even want to move up for Garrett, much less LF.

Archived