• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey lined up as receiver (10 gifs)

panther4life

1 hour ago, Doyle said:

I just don't get the love affair everyone has with this kid.   Every highlight video I watch on him I'm left feeling like he looks more like a 2nd round prospect to me.  

Me and you both. This kid has gone from being mocked in the 2nd to somehow a top 8 pick. Every highlight vid I've watched of him, I just don't see it. Dalvin Cook has a more impressive highlight vid tbh, and however far he drops (due to his character concerns), somebody will be getting a steal because he is the 2nd best back in the draft. I pray we don't waste our #8 pick on a utility player.

I realize that the OP meant to show a negative, but by finding and highlighting the worst plays you could find, you showed-

loss of 2

gain of 8

gain of 17

gain of 5

gain of 8

no gain

gain of 4

gain of 15

same play again

same as play 4

Every play won't be a touchdown.

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

I realize that the OP meant to show a negative, but by finding and highlighting the worst plays you could find, you showed-

loss of 2

gain of 8

gain of 17

gain of 5

gain of 8

no gain

gain of 4

gain of 15

same play again

same as play 4

Every play won't be a touchdown.

They wouldn't be bad if they were NFL highlights.   

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

Not going to lie, feel like a lot of men want to hype this guy up because he's a white dude...his 5'10 205lb frame is going to take abuse getting hit by guys like Gerald McCoy

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have seen you post this same white guy garbage several times. You may have a problem with generalizing based on race, just don't assume others share your screwed up viewpoints.

As to injury, MC wasn't the guy banged up nearly all of 2016.

2 hours ago, FattyFatFat said:

Shula saw half of these and said, "what's this screen pass thing?"

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Carolina's sheer ineptitude in the screen game never ceases to amaze me. I don't know if it has to do with the way teams rush Cam or what but the offense just cannot run a screen, with the exception being the occasional oddball screen to Olsen.

McCaffrey initially focused on one position at Stanford: When he arrived on campus, the coaching staff saw him as a pure running back. But they also knew that he excelled at receiver in high school and eventually attempted to ease him into catching a few passes. Once that happened, it didn’t take long for them to realize that he could easily master the entire route tree. “We’d teach him a bang-8 route, a seven-step post, and we’d only have to show him on film once,” Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren says. “He was good at it because — really — he’s just good at life.” McCaffrey quickly became one of the most talented pass-catching running backs in the country. In his sophomore year, he caught 45 passes for 645 yards on his way to a second-place Heisman finish.

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-christian-mccaffrey-jabrill-peppers-positionless-trend-fc3bb0d1009f

Bloomgren, a former NFL assistant, says that when putting McCaffrey at receiver, he would start him out in the slot and work outside from there as his career progresses; he believes that the Heisman runner-up will fit in the modern NFL because “teams want to run 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end) and then split Christian out wide and run 3x1 trips (three receivers stacked on one side of the field).”

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-christian-mccaffrey-jabrill-peppers-positionless-trend-fc3bb0d1009f

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

What you see is a receiver who follows his blocking well and rarely gets tackled by the first guy. I can't tell you how many times our receivers go down with first contact or don't try and juke a defender. Several times he would be short of the first down and then juke someone for the extra yards. The mark of a great slot receiver is yards after the catch. He excels at not going down with first contact even when everyone knew where the ball was going. The hype is real and when we look back at Fournette and McCaffreys rookie year McCaffrey will outshine Fournette and it won't even be close.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Rarely gets tackled by the first guy? You need to watch more of him. He's electric in space but he goes down very easy on first contact. His stats are inflated by Stanford opening up holes for him, which allows him to go untouched and sprint to the end zone. Watching any highlight film of his will show you that. Watch full games and you'd be amazed when the blocking isn't there how many times he's tackled in the backfield.

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Rarely gets tackled by the first guy? You need to watch more of him. He's electric in space but he goes down very easy on first contact. His stats are inflated by Stanford opening up holes for him, which allows him to go untouched and sprint to the end zone. Watching any highlight film of his will show you that. Watch full games and you'd be amazed when the blocking isn't there how many times he's tackled in the backfield.

McCaffrey2.gif

apr-06-2017-14-32-48.gif?w=1000

Mhmm. Mhmm.

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

You could say the same about Fournette.  I didn't watch a single LSU game this year, but I watched a lot of highlights that has been posted on this site.  In all of them, Fournette is rarely touched at the LOS.  Granted he trucked some guys in the secondary but he is not going to have the huge holes to run through  in the NFL, especially with our oline.  The question is can he get skinny and make it through a small hole or bounce outside and make something happen.

Archived