• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we take Fournette. Do we actually use him?

OneBadCat

I want Fournette to be a Panther but one thing that I am concerned about is if we take him, does Ron give him enough carries? 

I just don't want him pulling a John Fox and not giving him enough opportunities like he did with DeAngelo when Foster was the starter. 

That said Stewart is a much better player than Foster was and has earned the right to start. Given that both Stew and LF are power runners how do we know he'll get enough touches?

I think Stew and LF would be an incredible duo but I'm not sure I have the faith in Shula or Ron to not f that up.

If we waste his first two years until Stew is cut I'd rather us take McCaffrey for his instant impact as a returner and receiver. That could get us a closer to a superbowl now than later.

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I want Fournette to be a Panther but one thing that I am concerned about is if we take him, does Ron give him enough carries? 

I just don't want him pulling a John Fox and not giving him enough opportunities like he did with DeAngelo when Foster was the starter. 

That said Stewart is a much better player than Foster was and has earned the right to start. Given that both Stew and LF are power runners how do we know he'll get enough touches?

I think Stew and LF would be an incredible duo but I'm not sure I have the faith in Shula or Ron to not f that up.

If we waste his first two years until Stew is cut I'd rather us take McCaffrey for his instant impact as a returner and receiver. That could get us a closer to a superbowl now than later.

This is one of my concerns but the same thing can be said with any position on the offensive side. Will Shula plan an offense that will work around CM? Will Shula be able to utilize the 2 TE sets effectively we go OJ? We have 2 more years with Stew I can totally see Fournette taking the reigns from him mid season. This way we really wouldn't have to adjust as much being that we have been a power running team before. I believe there is more adjustments that must be made accommodating CM than Fournette or OJ.

Archived