• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...When Living In North Carolina...

Lilsmitty09

Whatever you do, if you find yourself in Wilmington near the end of August, do NOT go to Target on Market St. The number of female UNCW freshman buying dorm stuff is too much for mere mortals, you have to be acclimated. Imagine every hot 18-19 year old you've ever seen walking around in tank tops and gym shorts. Then multiply by 5. Then double it.

6 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

The place that shut down for a year because someone died from a brain eating bacteria?

I want to go to there......

I've probably been there 50 times to mountain bike then drink beer and watch music. I've never been in the water.

Just now, cookinbrak said:

giphy.gif

There's more to it than the whitewater. Great mountainbiking trails and live music. Like I said.. ..been going there since it opened for mountain biking...never been in the water.

I live in Charleston and it is definitely one of the best cities in the Carolinas. Lived in Charlotte for 10 years and moved back to Charleston if that tells you anything. 

Ive never been to Seattle but I've been to Portland twice in the past 6 months and loved it. The Pacific Northwest is beautiful. I'm sure if I lived there my whole life though I'd like a change of scenery.

Also coming from the west coast to the south is going to be like going back in time 30 years. The south is the least progressive region in the United States. It kind of sucks.

10 hours ago, bandu said:

Asheville is the cream of the crop in N.C.moreover it is one of the best cities i've been to in the U.S.

to name just a few of the attractions in Asheville... the Orange Peel is a first class venue for music,the Beer Garden offers a quazillion beers ,if your thing is craft beer then the Wicked Weed is an excellent choice , Appalachian Trail for the hiking enthusiats,the Biltmore Estate for history buffs,the French broad for rafting,also is a great place for the trout angeler and small mouth bass fisherman, good place to grab a bite to eat is the Mellow Mushroom so if you like mountains this is a must see that has alot to offer

On your way back to Charlotte, from Asheville, get on the blueridge parkway and cruise north to blowing rock and enjoy the view...the beautiful view. Make sure you pull over and take in the view at craggy gardens. Further north pull over at mt Mitchell. 

Did anyone say outer banks yet? For some reason everyone I've met in the PNW has immediately asked me about the outer banks when I tell them I'm from NC.

Durham is a cool town, nice places to eat. Lots of lakes around Raleigh area that are nice to relax at too.

Charlotte has plenty going for it, I plan to move back some time in the next couple years.

Archived