• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New NFL Helmet Coming In Next Season - Biggest Overhaul Since 1960s

Saca312

I'm currently working on a project where computational models are being created for 4 different helmets. Our group is modeling the Schutt Air XP Pro and another group is actually modeling the Vices. From what I know, the Vices uses a system where the head is passively coupled with the helmet shell, kind of like the skin of a honey badger.

Now, players are still given the freedom to choose their helmet, and weight is an important factor for the players. So it'll be interesting to see if the Vices picks up traction in the NFL.

I'm not sure of the pricing options but i can speculate that it would be considerably more expensive than comparable options, which is unfortunate as most high schools won't have access to new technology like this.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Those of who who posted a pic of a disabled person with a helmet make me wish we had negative rep back.  I do not see how you can think the tragic misfortune and suffering of innocent people is funny.

Indeed but at the same time maybe it really is the special juan

24 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Those of who who posted a pic of a disabled person with a helmet make me wish we had negative rep back.  I do not see how you can think the tragic misfortune and suffering of innocent people is funny.

It is absolutely not funny and I am offended that you think it is.

I was simply providing pictures of other helmets that people use to prevent head injuries. 

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Fortunately, it's just one poster who's being a jerk with those pictures. Still a dick move on his part though. 

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I promise, if the NFL goes back to the leather helmets, players will immediately stop leading with their heads.

Except for those crazy ass players who's mental edge brought them to the NFL in the first place.

Archived