• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

Man, these folks will claim you're their favorite player & how they respect said player, but as soon as they do something that said fan perceives as wrong, said fan turns on them in a heartbeat. Gettleman was loved here because he echoed the same sentiments that most fans around here believe: "these players aren't to be respected, they're only here to run & catch a football." "Do a little for the community, but don't make too much noise." "You make a bunch of money, keep your mouth shut!" It's like I said before, everyone deserves respect, from the janitor to the CEO. There's a reason you've got all these players of past, and even present speaking out against Gettleman.

I'll be glad once TD is resigned, and it's going to be real funny when the contract that he signs is not even that bad. Same goes for Olsen.

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

TD doesn't strike me as a player who'd fo anything like what you guys are accusing him of. 

Richardson also doesn't strike me as a man who'd fire his GM because of a player or two coming to him. It HAS to be bigger than that. 

Open your minds.

As long as Steve Smith was a member of the franchise and how close he and JR were, if there was a time JR would have stepped up, it would have been when SS was on his way out. 

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Man, these folks will claim you're their favorite player & how they respect said player, but as soon as they do something that said fan perceives as wrong, said fan turns on them in a heartbeat. Gettleman was loved here because he echoed the same sentiments that most fans around here believe: "these players aren't to be respected, they're only here to run & catch a football." "Do a little for the community, but don't make too much noise." "You make a bunch of money, keep your mouth shut!" It's like I said before, everyone deserves respect, from the janitor to the CEO. There's a reason you've got all these players of past, and even present speaking out against Gettleman.

I'll be glad once TD is resigned, and it's going to be real funny when the contract that he signs is not even that bad. Same goes for Olsen.

I really thought our fanbase finally began to turn the corner in 2015. But the past 24 hours here have been some of the worst I've seen in the history of the huddle. We're basically starting all over again.

Just now, TheRed said:

I really thought our fanbase finally began to turn the corner in 2015. But the past 24 hours here have been some of the worst I've seen in the history of the huddle. We're basically starting all over again.

Um yeah because our idiotic owner is pressing the reset button

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Got used to being respected and now we are the laughing stock again giving Delhomme franchise money

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Is it too crazy to think that this had more to do with guys like Morrison and Beane leaving after being with the franchise for so long? Beane had been with the team for 19 years and after only a few years of Gettleman left for Buffalo. 

Front office turmoil usually stays behind closed doors but I'm leaning more towards that then JR firing Gettleman for not handing out fat contracts to vets. 

Richardson fired Gettleman for being a dick and pissing everyone off. Seems to the contracts Gettleman  handed Cam, Kuechly, and Short were fat and they were vets.

3 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Um yeah because our idiotic owner is pressing the reset button

Reasonable criticism of JR beyond the idiotic quips about hoping he dies already are entirely valid and should be discussed. The bizarre anti-player responses accusing franchise players of being spoiled greedy assholes getting Gettleman fired however are embarrassing.

Archived