• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Press conference at 2pm

Johnny Rockets

1 minute ago, Mojo said:

He has a child's general disposition.  He's kind of bashful in a sense.  Don't know if that's so great for operating as the GM of an NFL team.  He kept saying interim but he sure sounded like he getting comfortable.

It's going to a bizarre and interesting year, for better or worse.

I didn't think he was bashful. He even stayed after the conference to shake hands and chit chat with some of the media.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Jeebus cripes, lets hope so.

The last day has been really bad.  If JR back-doored Hurney (heh) to be part of the process, that would be infinitely worse.

Hurney said that he had not spoken with JR since he left the Panthers, and the next time they spoke was for the job offer. So I'd say there certainly was no back-door deal, he didn't know Dave was going to be fired based on the conference. The Dave firing was JR and his cronies, and Marty was totally out of the loop.

Just now, pantherj said:

Hurney said that he had not spoken with JR since he left the Panthers, and the next time they spoke was for the job offer. So I'd say there certainly was no back-door deal, he didn't know Dave was going to be fired based on the conference. The Dave firing was JR and his cronies, and Marty was totally out of the loop.

Imagine Marty Hurney being completely honest and upfront during his re-introductory press conference.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Didn't he also say "I never lost the connection with the organization"? If not JR, then what does that even mean? Who/what would he have stayed connected with?

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Didn't he also say "I never lost the connection with the organization"? If not JR, then what does that even mean? Who/what would he have stayed connected with?

He was watching the Panthers games, nearly all of them on tv. He felt an emotional connection with the organization.

Archived