• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Practice 7/27 Thread - Training Camp Day 2 - Tweets, Thoughts, Etc.

Saca312

5 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Matt Kalil finally getting some nice stuff going.

This was one of the most encouraging tweets of the day, along with a later quote about Cam having TONS of time to throw and completing a great check down to CMC who then made the entire defense miss

Just now, KB_fan said:

A number of folks were dissing Mike Adams today on Twitter, sounding concerned.  I hope he proves to be a good add to our defense.  We're already thin at safety behind Adams & Coleman.  Need Adams to be a solid, consistent & healthy starter.

From what I saw, I believe him to be a better version of Harper. Not by an insanely large margin, but better imo. However, he can be slow on the field. 

What really matters is the leadership he brings. Someone to keep the secondary disciplined. His pro-bowl days are over, but his presence should not be ignored.

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

A number of folks were dissing Mike Adams today on Twitter, sounding concerned.  I hope he proves to be a good add to our defense.  We're already thin at safety behind Adams & Coleman.  Need Adams to be a solid, consistent & healthy starter.

This particular play was all Clay. He went up super high, especially for a little guy, and made a great grab. The coverage was really good. 

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Is David Newton paid to report on the Panthers objectively or subjectively trash the team every chance he gets? 

He doesn't spend much time watching anything on the field. Stuff happens and then he asks the person next to him "what just happened?" Then, since he doesn't have a clue about the game just assumes it must have been something bad.

15 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

This particular play was all Clay. He went up super high, especially for a little guy, and made a great grab. The coverage was really good. 

Yes, that play was all Clay from what I've seen.  I'm personally not worried about Adams at the moment, but here are some of the tweets I saw:

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

why do that ? its only the 2nd day...lets watch a few pre-season games before we start actual dissing...

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Lots of posters had a big argument about Shepard's decision to spend their wedding anniversary with the wife instead of going to Baltimore with Cam. Apparently that was literally make or break for him or something according to some here.

hahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

He doesn't spend much time watching anything on the field. Stuff happens and then he asks the person next to him "what just happened?" Then, since he doesn't have a clue about the game just assumes it must have been something bad.

In all seriousness, is that what he does? Based on his columns, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually has his favorite team (Redskins or Cowboys most likely) on while attending the Panthers games. 

Archived