• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guns Fired near Apartment

Paintballr

Hey all,

I don't post much any more but wanted to ask for some help.

Last night in my apartment in Concord I heard a distinct "Pop Pop" noise...followed by 5 seconds of silence then "pop, pop, pop, pop". I knew what it was instantly and called the police. It was close enough to hear it in my apartment, but not close enough to know exactly where it came from. Dispatch said I wasn't the only one to call this in. They asked if I wanted the cops to stop by after they check it out to talk to me and assure it it's safe. 

About 2 hours later my dog had to go outside and so I walked her right outside my door. Saw about 6 cop cars and cops standing next to them casually about a building away from mine. So I went back in and waited. Never heard from the cops or my complex (Cloisters).

Is there a way to find out what happened? My apartment complex isn't anything special, but it's always been quiet the last year I've lived here. My lease is up in about 45 days and will most likely move, but just want to make sure I'm safe for the time. 

Thanks

contact the responding agency and ask them what is going on, give them your name and address and tell them you are concerned because of where you live and what happened, and want to know if you and your "family will be safe" and if you should be concerned or not.

if they havent arrested anyone they may not want to answer because of they do not want to compromise the investigation but someone may be willing to help you out.

See if your closest precinct has a Twitter feed, or look for a Concord police blotter Twitter feed. There are also apps that will tell you anything that happens that results in an alert to the police and where/when. I hear a lot of gun shots. We even have these microphone things that send instantaneous alerts to officers who can arrive at the location (not sure how accurate distance wise) within minutes.

53 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

See if your closest precinct has a Twitter feed, or look for a Concord police blotter Twitter feed. There are also apps that will tell you anything that happens that results in an alert to the police and where/when. I hear a lot of gun shots. We even have these microphone things that send instantaneous alerts to officers who can arrive at the location (not sure how accurate distance wise) within minutes.

I saw that on Elementary. I figured it was TV bullshite.

7 hours ago, Jangler said:

I saw that on Elementary. I figured it was TV bullshite.

They put up a ton of them in Charlotte in prep for the DNC if I remember right.    They also put some up in suspect neighborhoods where gun violence is common.  

I live about 2 miles from there, and, while we haven't had any gun activity that I'm aware of, there have been a number of break-ins in surrounding neighborhoods and one in my neighborhood last week.  Our neighborhood (and others) uses the Nextdoor app which allows neighbors to keep in contact about things going on, and we also have a neighborhood "liaison" within the Concord PD with who our board has regular contact.  She's a captain within our division.  Not sure if your complex (or close-by neighborhoods) use that app, but it might be worth checking out.  Stay safe.

I would say its time to move but where in this area?  Its bad everywhere.  We have thefts quite a bit in my very nice neighborhood.  Some chick pulled up and emptied my mailbox recently.  Another guy was taking photos of my neighbors garage in broad daylight.  Come to think of it my new leaf blower vanished out of my garage last yr.  Its all over.

My brother wasn't aware of anything right there but said there was an incident at Sidestown- behind The Smoke Pit, around the same time. He's not a patrol officer though. 

If you call CPD exipeditor number they can tell you or they can have the responding officer make contact with you when he's back on duty. 

49 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Interesting.  I guess its because I live in a area that is a mix of suburb and rural, but I wouldn't even be phased hearing gunfire at night.  I usually hear it about once a month or so.  Its mostly my neighbor doing target practice.  He owns about 25 acres, so it doesn't bother me.   

For me it's mostly murders, lol. But yeah, doesn't phase me haha.

Archived