• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's offensive performance is on Cam

London Loves Luke

I'll probably get flamed for this, and I hope that it's still just rust, but today's offensive issues were mainly on cam. Yeh there were blown protections but you expect a couple against a d-line like the bills but today cam missed multiple open throws (miss to mcafferey was inexcusable), Mis-read blitzes and failed to use his check downs when he needed to. 

We would have lost this game on any other day and a lot of that is on Cam. The annoying thing is some of it may be rust but other mistakes like reading corner blitzes and using his checkdownz are things he can work on off the field.

If it makes you feel better by all means flame this post and blame everyone else. I'm not saying everyone else on offence was blameless, but Cam needs to get better and soon, a QB of his calibre can not be the reason we lose games in the upcoming weeks.

Just now, GoobyPls said:

The coaching, the O-line, Cam and the running game in that order. The receivers balled out today

Also most of his sacks were on obvious pass plays, when he needed to hold the ball longer to get a first 

Not to mention the whiffs by O tackels.. making 55 mil..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Hell no it isn't.. Playcalling and Oline play way more than Cam..

You wasted 3 paragraphs for nothing..

That's the easy answer, no O-line is going to be perfect all game and no playcall can excuse cam missing wide open throws and overlooking his check downs (that we've spent alot of draft capital improving for him. 

Cam was off on some throws no doubt, but our OL is clearly still a weakness. It's been a weakness the entire Newton tenure so far at one point or another beyond the 2011 season when Gross was still here. At some point people with actual intelligence have to stop shitposting and start seeing what has been right in front of their faces the last 6 years. Gettleman barely improved it through his time here, which is unacceptable.

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING today was on Shula. Sure Cam has some bad misses, but goddamn, 3 wasted timeouts in the 1st half alone, running stretch plays on 2nd and 1 REPEATEDLY, not letting Cam let loose after starting the game hot, running CMC into the ONLY STRENGTH of their D, not exploiting their secondary when KB and Funchess was killing it, etc. The only thing I blame Cam on is his miss to CMC. Other than that, all the blame foes to Shula. Dude is terrible.

Not to mention Ryan *got paid* Kalil whiffing so badly and Daryl *holding* Williams, giving Cam approximately 1 second to throw the ball when it's 3rd and long.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Hell no it isn't.. Playcalling and Oline play way more than Cam..

You wasted 3 paragraphs for nothing..

To be fair he did had a middle-school level pass there to seal the game but with his runs, we don't win today without him.   

Just now, Castavar said:

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING today was on Shula. Sure Cam has some bad misses, but goddamn, 3 wasted timeouts in the 1st half alone, running stretch plays on 2nd and 1 REPEATEDLY, not letting Cam let loose after starting the game hot, running CMC into the ONLY STRENGTH of their D, not exploiting their secondary when KB and Funchess was killing it, etc. The only thing I blame Cam on is his miss to CMC. Other than that, all the blame foes to Shula. Dude is terrible.

Shhhhh.

Shula magnifies Cam's mistakes. So much pressure is being put on Cam because Shula is a moron. When he makes a mistake, it seems bigger than it is. However, if we had a better OC it would seem like no big deal. If you think it's all Cam, you know nothing about football and your opinion is irrelevant. 

Archived