• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's just the 49ers and Bills"

Jeremy Igo

No one is saying that it's not impressive what they've done. Anytime you hold Mccoy to less than ten yards, that's no easy feat. But let's see how good they are against offenses that will finish in the top half of the league. They play well against the Saints and NE, and let's ride them to the super bowl

Shear dominance by the defense right now. They are also allowing less than 200 yards per game in those first two games. 

if you believe that history repeats itself than look no further to the Broncos from a couple years ago.

2013: insanely good broncos offense runs into a buzz saw in the form of Seattle in the Super Bowl and gets embarrased

2015:  Broncos defense is otherworldly and carries their team and their former MVP QB (who is not his normal dominant self) to a title against the number one offense in the league. 

2015 panthers = 2013 broncos

2017 panthers = 2015 Broncos 

FWIW: if you're wondering who we will beat in the super bowl, it's going to be the raiders and their MVP QB David Carr and their number one offense 

2017 raiders= 2015 panthers

Shady and Hyde aren't slouches. The QBs are surprisingly safe and stingy with the takeaways. Our secondary may have been lucky on a couple of plays, but the fact is if Cam plays better and Shula adjusts to their defenses and calls better plays, then the games wouldn't have been as close as they were, notwithstanding defenses of merit. 

I fully expect us to get after Brees and get at least one or two picks in the next one. Then perhaps people will begin to see the reality of our beastly defense.

11 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Shear dominance by the defense right now. They are also allowing less than 200 yards per game in those first two games. 

if you believe that history repeats itself than look no further to the Broncos from a couple years ago.

2013: insanely good broncos offense runs into a buzz saw in the form of Seattle in the Super Bowl and gets embarrased

2015:  Broncos defense is otherworldly and carries their team and their former MVP QB (who is not his normal dominant self) to a title against the number one offense in the league. 

FWIW: if you're wondering who we will beat in the super bowl, it's going to be the raiders and their MVP QB David Carr and their number one offense 

^^^^^^^ If you haven't pied this yet, I'd ask you to kindly scroll up a touch and give that man some pie. Slinging truth around these parts. Go get some.

23 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

By this logic, I'm going to put some money on the 2019 Raiders today.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

We have played two teams with little game film and good but young coaching. Once the offense gets going and we are notoriously late starters it's going to be fun. 

I have full confidence this offense will get going in a big way to match the play of the defense. Cam missed the entire offseason. Of course the rythym and timing of the offense will be off to start the season. If our defense can just hold up long enough for our offense to catch up... watch out

Archived