• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen injury a blessing in disguise?

gorillamilitia13

Yes I know losing Olsen blows as he is one of the best TE's in the league, and him and Cam have a great on-field relationship. Plus you hate to see anyone go down with an injury, especially one of your team leaders. But do you guys remember back in 2015 when Cam was having his best season because he was spreading the ball around and not locking on to 1-2 receivers? Some credit that to the fact that KB was out. I'm starting to think the same might happen with Olsen out.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see how. Olsen is easily our most reliable receiver. KB is the guy Cam tends to lock onto and I fear that missing Olsen may only worsen that tendency. 

Cam has locked onto both when he's had both.

People vastly overstate this whole notion of Cam forcing it to KB or not spreading the ball around.

Newton leaned heavily on Olsen in 2015 with KB out. Game winning touchdown in Seattle?

This is a big loss. But I hope KB and Funchess step up big. Also, it's time Dickson earned those millions. We're gonna find out quickly.

Interesting, I thought about making a threat with the exact same title. Teams might not know who to roll their coverage to and most likely will not respect Dixon even though he his an underrated player. Curtis Samuel should benefit from this as well. Opponents know about Olsen and likely plan for him but not so much with the others.

Cam balled the fug out in 2015 to overcome the loss of KB. He'll have to do that again to overcome Olsen. Thankfully Olsen isn't for the whole year though. I just wish cam was at full strength. 

He also had a relatively healthy offensive line and oher to protect his blind side.. Oher did better than probably any tackle we'll put there this season. Hope I'm wrong

Archived