• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this really a Panthers fan forum?

steven8989

6 hours ago, steven8989 said:

I mean we lost our first game of the year yesterday, along with eight other teams. There are only two undefeated teams left and everyone acts like the season is over with. We got beat by a team that was hungry and didn't want to go 0-3. I don't even know why I get on here to read all the crap y'all guys put on here. I think u all need to just quit watching football and start watching another sport. One loss is all it is!!!!!

We didn't just lose, we lost got blown out by the Taints.

14 hours ago, steven8989 said:

That's fine I will remind u all when this turns around!!!!

Most of us will be really happy if you're right.  I'm generally pretty optimistic and try to find positives, but I'm pretty seriously concerned.  

It's a whole combination of things.  If it were just one or two things I'd be more hopeful we could get back on track, but especially on offense, it feels like we are playing with a lot of very serious handicaps against us:

1) Cam's injuries

2) Greg being out

3) Ryan Kalil battling some unspecified injury.  Larsen hasn't looked terrible, but it's still not the same as having Kalil at Center.

4) KB seriously banged up...

5) Shula / offense that seems too predictable much of the time / out of sync other times.  It's just not jelled, no momentum.  We are the opposite of opportunistic.  We can get downfield, but when it comes time to make the big play to get in the end zone, we fall short.  

6) O-line (especially Matt Kalil & Daryl Williams) looking pretty questionable.

7) Ron losing the nerve to go for it on 4th down - communicates to the offense that he doesn't believe in them

8) the CHAOS in our front office.  Firing Gettleman, having lost Morrison, Beane, etc. etc...  Hurney has actually done better than I expected so far with some things, but still the front office is an empty shell at the moment, at some level it's got to be a distraction - (perhaps more for the coaches than the players?)

9) A first-time Defensive Coordinator.  I love Steve Wilks, and I think he'll be great, but I do think there were probably ways his inexperience hurt us on Sunday.  Somehow Brees was REALLY able to exploit our defense and make it look awful.  Brees is obviously good at that, but Wilks could have done better making adjustments.  Hopefully he'll learn quickly.

10) Jerry Richardson?????  I don't know how much his influence affects the play on the field, but somehow it feels like he's trying to force this team into some kind of identity that compromises the passion / aggressiveness of the team.  It's like the character of the team has been muted.  There are sparks, and some of the lack of passion may be due to injuries to Cam.  When he's lit the team is lit.  But somehow it seems the team is being forced into a mold that doesn't fit it.  I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling, and I don't know how much JR is to blame.  But some of this team's life has been sucked out...

Losing a game is not the issue.  Playing like hot garbage, with no bright spot is.

Give me ANYTHING to grab onto to give me hope and I'm there, but I won't put on the BS blinders that lots of people here love to wear and criticize you if you don't also tout that nonsense line.

We aren't good.  Period.  Maybe that will change but when we suck, there's nothing wrong with saying it.

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

People that know football, or more specifically this team, know what's up. Others can live in ignorance.

As they always have and always will. I just laugh seriously out loud here at work as it unfolds as a lot of us said it would so long ago(speaking of JR here). Funny looking back at the slow ones.

1 hour ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

It's not that anyone on this forum doesn't want the Panthers to be good. It's just, we've seen this before. We're 2-1, yes, but have you felt very good/confident in this team's ability at any point this season so far? 

Was feeling VERY good about our defense's ability after weeks 1 & 2, which is why Sunday was such a shock / downer.  A lot of us have been hoping we could ride our D for some wins while Cam heals up and our O can get its ish together.  Now that might not be so likely.  Peyton / Brees just made our D look silly.

I hope it fires up our D to insane levels and makes them come out and just totally stuff Brady & New England... but it's a tough task!

10 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Was feeling VERY good about our defense's ability after weeks 1 & 2, which is why Sunday was such a shock / downer.  A lot of us have been hoping we could ride our D for some wins while Cam heals up and our O can get its ish together.  Now that might not be so likely.  Peyton / Brees just made our D look silly.

I hope it fires up our D to insane levels and makes them come out and just totally stuff Brady & New England... but it's a tough task!

pretty much where i'm at.

it really knocked  the wind out of my sails. like you said, i was confident that the D would hold up and the offense would catch up and i thought maybe playing against the two worst defenses in the league would give us a shot in the arm, but after sunday every bit of confidence is gone.

i need to see something to believe again. i've been through this too many times to get my my hopes back up without something from them to let me know they haven't fallen apart.

you really shouldn't be telling other fans how to feel. That's what this forum is for, for us to voice our opinions , frustrations, praise, whatever. 

There were worrying signs in the first 2 games but alot of people glossed over it b/c we won. Now that we lost in a bad way to a bad team no one can ignore /diminish our problems anymore. And we are heading into one of the two really rough stretches of games of this season starting on Sunday against the defending champions .. Brady's arguably the best QB of all time and is an expert at quick timing throws that this team never defends well. Brandon Cooks, Rob Gronkowski,  and a stable of pass catching RBs . 

We basically looked like a dysfunctional 0-3 team and Cam looked like Ryan Leaf. 

Archived