• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game etiquette

MasterAwesome

8 minutes ago, PandaPancake said:

I've yet to see anyone take the other side of the argument. It's an old Philly fan, how nice do you think he was? I wish I was on a jury in the fuged up judicial system of NC. Not guilty all day.

Pretty sure the elderly gentleman is a PSL owner. 

I bought my PSLs on the aisle so I can stand whenever and for as long as I want without disturbing the person behind me. I stand a lot, not to be an asshole but because I get so emotionally envolved in the game I just can't stay seated. I sit when we are on offense but I'm in the aisle on D. Me and the security guy in my section have a running joke after all these years. He tells me to get out of the aisle and I tell him no.

58 minutes ago, grateflday said:

That could have easily been me.  I am in the Front Row, 500 level.   Why do I stand... cause I don't feel like sitting down the entire time.... front row or not.  I will tell you my son and I do sit a lot more than standing than we'd like because we are and do try to be more aware of the ppl behind us; but overall there is to much sitting around.  Plus if sitting the entire time is no different, then why do players get on the big screen telling us to STAND UP !   They should be putting that on the big screen more ,,,, makes me feel like I have permission :shades:    

I dont care what you do bc you bought your ticket, not me. But imo when you have no obstructions in your view, please kind to others behind you bc they (we) also bought our tickets. Especially when you have good seats, front rows and at the 50 yd - 35. No reason for that. 

It couldve easily been you. Were you the guy telling the women leaving the game in the early 4th qt that theres still a game going on? 

NFL has attendance issues and this is part of it.  No matter what side of the issue you take something is compromised.  It's easier to just stay home and enjoy it however you want.  Ive sat all over bank of America stadium.   I try to be considerate.  Panthers football gets emotional for me.  I like to jump up and cheer.  If I had it my way I would stand the entire game.  If things aren't going well it upsets me and I don't want to deal with conflict while I'm fired up so I just watch at home.

54 minutes ago, maddog1945 said:

Yes, EVERYBODY paid good money for their SEATS!!!!

Well, use your seat!  I understand standing for your defense on a 3rd down play,  standing for your offense on a 3rd down play, goal line stands,but standing the dang game??

If you want to stand for the whole game save your money, stay home and stand in front of your tv!!!

Just my two cents worth!!!

Umm wouldn't you be sitting at home?  We're on the second row in the upper level and we mostly stand when we're on defense. Mainly because you can't bang on your seat when you're sitting on it. I haven't been asked to sit down.  It would depend on the person that asked me to do it.

It really doesn't matter unless the person behind you is a child.  There's a huge big screen TV so if the person in front of you is blocking your view, consider watching more of the big screen.  If I was the older gentleman, I might have politely asked the guy in front of me to be courteous and sit down some, but if he refused, I'd be okay with it.  Definitely wouldn't antagonize him or make myself out to be a victim.

We had one guy in our   section, big man and he stood the entire game for the ones he attended and we are not talking playoff games. We aren't talking big moments, 

all moments and that is ridiculous 

stand on defense. Yell scream. Have a nervous breakdown but on offense, sit down until a score happens  it's not like standing does anything for the team

this is not a hard concept 

There are things to consider, children, elderly, disability, medical issues and just simple being taller than the person behind you makes it impossible for them to enjoy the game even if they stand too. Big moments cool but why do rude people always need to be told they're bothering someone, be more aware and considerate not a selfish prick.

If you need to always stand stay home, if you get bothered by any standing whatsoever stay home.

2 hours ago, CatTower said:

It really doesn't matter unless the person behind you is a child.  There's a huge big screen TV so if the person in front of you is blocking your view, consider watching more of the big screen.  If I was the older gentleman, I might have politely asked the guy in front of me to be courteous and sit down some, but if he refused, I'd be okay with it.  Definitely wouldn't antagonize him or make myself out to be a victim.

If he wanted to watch a TV screen he probably wouldn't have spent good money on PSLs, tickets, etc. 

18 hours ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

I always have fans behind me get pissed at me because I stand the whole time, I've had security called on me, people leave the game, etc.. At the end of the day, they didn't buy my ticket, I don't go to the game to sit down. Once again, wine and cheese crowd unfortunately. 

They have a ticket too, and they have a right to enjoy the game too. 

Archived