• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ZOMG! CMC iz uh BUZT!!

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

wow, you mean a team that actually needed somebody like Fournette v a team incorporating a player like CMC? yeah, life isn't fair..

meant to convey that the reason why Fournette has that much production is because Jacksonville has Bortles, which means they aren't passing the ball. The offense is run first...second and third.

9 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

Biggest problem of this play is Larsen.  He is supposed step flatter when blocking backside.  His first step is incorrect, and by that time he is beat. Which causes a chain reaction in the play.  I am sure, Norwell is supposed to be logging into the B-gap or kicking the 4tech on the right side.  This play could work, but it is complicated by the pinch action.  Honestly, Williams probably should have just washed the 4tech down, which would allow Norwell to log into the hole. 

This clip really illustrates how much we missed Kalil.  

Source: Coached Offensive Line for 5 years. 

In other words, the players are constantly being asked to do things they just cannot execute over and over again.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

In other words, the players are constantly being asked to do things they just cannot execute over and over again.

Eh, to be honest. This play is not that complicated.  It is a play that is run on most spread high school teams.  

Now, I don't have the film, and I am only judging one play. But, I really believe any NFL team should be able to execute this play.  

I do love how this play shows how important that the unit plays as one.  

I would bet that Williams should have blocked down on the 4 tech cause he has a dominant easy angle that should be super easy.  Even if Norwell gets a clean pull, he would have a hard time creating space with the pinch action. 

5 minutes ago, PlantBasedPoster said:

meant to convey that the reason why Fournette has that much production is because Jacksonville has Bortles, which means they aren't passing the ball. The offense is run first...second and third.

you mean they adapted to the personnel? yeah, I wish Shula would do that...

that's weird.

6 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I dont care how bad a player has performed, you cannot call him a bust after 6 freaking games of his career. But this is the times we live in with social media and message boards, people aren't getting dumber, just louder.

5 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

People are getting dumber and louder.

that's weird.

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Dude, you've got it all wrong, all cmc has to do is juke 4 linemen, EZ.  Seriously, I think shula gets his play call ideas from watching the little giants.

LENARD FOURNETS WOOD HAVE BARRELED THRU ALL 4 NFL LINEMANS FOR YET ANOTHER 130 YD TOUCHDOWN RUN CUZ HE IS SKRONG!

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Not saying he's anything close to a bust, but regardless of the rest of the offensive struggles, a top 10 HB pick should show a bit more ability to create on his own. And it's reasonable to say that he hasn't lived up to the high expectations of training camp yet. He raised the bar then but hasn't shown it in games. Think it'll just take time for him to get up to speed and the rest of the offense to click. We really need to give him the workhorse between the tackles role and not Stew.

It's reasonable until you realize how terrible the run blocking as a whole is. Let's ignore the fact that McCafferey is just as good as advertised in the passing game where he is already drawing double teams and LEADS ALL ROOKIES IN RECEPTIONS AND YARDS...

But because he's a RB he isn't living up to the hype...

The dude is 9th in total yardage in the entire league right now. The only rookies ahead of him are Fournette, the only RB taken before him, and Hunt, the only rookie playing in an Andy Reid Offensive Scheme.

He is everything I thought he would be at the next level. A Swiss Army Knife, versatile, do it all player. Because of him, Cam Newton has the highest completion percentage in his entire career. Because of him, defenses can't just double up on Benjamin since Greg is out. 

Dude may not be busting out highlight real plays like he was in college, but he's pretty damn good at getting separation in the receiving game, and I can't really blame him for his lack of running production based on how poorly the blocking has been the past few weeks. 

We need Kalil back. Stat. 

I think the offense is too focused on trickery and forcing CMC the ball that they are getting away from the PA and roll out plays that Cam is great at. The run blocking is complicated, sure, but why in the hell would you keep running your power back to the outside like that's his strength or ever has been? J Stew is a one cut back. I believe the team should be running more formations with two RBs on the field to A) have at least a lead blocker that can block for CMC if his number is called B) so you don't let the defense know you're obviously running the ball C) so you don't have to spend so. much. damn. time between plays. 

Archived