• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Samuel Be A Similar Weapon To Tyreek Hill?

jimfear

I think it was the week we played the Saints and Curtis had that good punt return he clocked the 2nd fastest MPH time in the league only behind Hill. Two of Hills three fastest times last year were 23.28 and 22.77, Samuel fastest time ever was 22.83 at OSU so while Hill IS faster the speed is certainly comparable. 

SO to answer the question Samuel CAN be a similar weapon but will he, has yet to be determined but he also needs the snaps to get it done. 

"when I saw the Panthers in training camp, coach Ron Rivera was adamant that Carolina was going to be a power-running team." - Peter King.

Our offense could be similar to KC. Samuel could do Hill type things. CMC could do Kareem Hunt type things. It comes back to RR. While I'm no Shula fan, its RR who gives Shula his marching orders and he seems bound and determined to be a power run guy regardless of his teams' strengths and weaknesses.

1 hour ago, jimfear said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I had a feeling Hill was faster and more shifty but as some of you have mentioned it's tough to evaluate given the way Samuel's been used so far (or hasn't been used so far).

Nothing to evaluate in terms of football speed.  Hill blows the doors off basically the entire NFL

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Our offense could be similar to KC. Samuel could do Hill type things. CMC could do Kareem Hunt type things. It comes back to RR. While I'm no Shula fan, its RR who gives Shula his marching orders and he seems bound and determined to be a power run guy regardless of his teams' strengths and weaknesses.

Hi, I played LB in the 80's, and power run games is where it's at....just ask all of the best teams in the NFL.

Samuel will produce.

right now we need to be sending him deep more. He has gotten a couple of PI calls due to his speed. We need to use him a few times a game to pressure the defense. He’ll either get a flag or burn someone.

all he needs is one catch down field and DBs will start playing him scared.

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

Yep. We very well have the type of players to run a similar offense to them. Can you imagine Cam in an Andy Reid offense? Good God the league would be fugged. This team has a major coaching and front office problem.

14 hours ago, ludwig51 said:

One team has Andy Reid calling the plays and the other has mike Shula the idiot calling it

Basically this. Samuel is a better player than Hill but we have the three amegos and KC has a HOF coach and OC. 

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

Basically this. Samuel is a better player than Hill but we have the three amegos and KC has a HOF coach and OC. 

I'll grant you Ried is fantastic, and borderline HOF. Their OC has a ways to go before he's even close that conversation.

another vote here for we've got the talent to run an offense just as dynamic and even moreso because of cam.

the problem is who is running the show. i think the intention is there, but either the guts or the knowledge required to make that happen just isn't there.

we see spurts, but it just isn't sustainable and its absolutely because of who is calling the shots. we tap the brakes too often.

that constant tapping the brakes kills all momentum we build and will always hold us back from reaching our potential.

Archived