• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dead Not Dead :)

GRWatcher

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

See that part about Cam playing like Superman? 

That's your answer. It's the only time Shula has ever fielded a legitimately good NFL offense. 

How do we get him back to Superman? I agree we need to let him run, but he’s playing hurt right now.

Cam can't be used to run because that is just what opposing teams want so they can hurt  him any chance they get to put him on a shelf for good. Cam being a run, pass QB isn't all bad but we need a decent OC to take the reigns and get us back to where we were in 2015 but that in itself is a very tall order to fill unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

CAM OH CAM was the reason.  They ran Cam into the ground that year 

I think it had more to do with him having by far the best passer rating of his career as well as lowest interception rate 

1 hour ago, CosmoGirl said:

I just arrived in Tampa about an hour ago. Booked a last minute flight and then a tropical storm appeared out of nowhere so I had to drive. 

1 hour ago, CosmoGirl said:

And it monsooned the whole way until about 30 minutes out. 

Dedication! Four hour drive in bad weather. Way to go!!

I agree.  And I feel flat.  I step back and think, "What would a game be like in Cleveland if the team were 4-3 and heading into a big division game vs. Baltimore? 

We are not a consistent winner-we have been a .500 team for a generation.  Teams turn around--get hot.  We are in the mix..

9 hours ago, csx said:

I think it had more to do with him having by far the best passer rating of his career as well as lowest interception rate 

Plus very short fields due to turnovers.  

Shula can put together 5 or 6 good plays occasionally but he can't possibly manage a long, methodical drive.  

It requires Cam at top of his game, short fields and/or chunk plays (a la Teddy Ginn) for Shula's deficiencies as a play caller to not be fully on display 

Archived