• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Packers #26th ranked Defense...

Hotsauce

Even if Rogers plays,  they have, depending on how you look at it, an inconsentant or no running game, a bad pass defense, tons of problems stopping a mobile quaterback, a bad secondary,  and not a very good O-line.  So Rogers covers up some of that, but you know he has not been of the field for 8 weeks.  Expecting him to cover up all of it may be asking a little much.

8 hours ago, JARROD said:

It was only a 10 point game with one touchdown drive that was a 3 and out and another stop extended by 30 yards by Matt Kalil, another scoring drive by Clay fumbling on the punt, and another on our punter turning the ball over on our own 35.

then we still had a chance with all that at the end when the game was close if peppers doesn’t bodyslam a guy out of bounds.

see? You take back the scores off of those and we win with even 21 points

You change a bunch of games and we never lose. Fact is when we needed plays NO bitch slapped us and we submitted. 

If the Packers play Rogers then their brass is dumber than I originally thought. They aren't winning a super bowl with a defense that is ranked 26th. There are a number of teams (most notably the Saints) that will shred that D even if the Packers find a way to get a wild card. Rogers would make them a threat but he's not going to be able to carry them to a super bowl with a garbage supporting cast. Not to mention that with the Panthers being 9-4 and the Falcons/Seattle being 8-5...the Packers would have to run the table against the Panthers, Vikings, Lions (all arguably better teams than they are) and hope that the Falcons lose 2 out of 3 (due to the Falcons owning the head to head tie breaker) and hoping the Seahawks lose at least 1 more game. The odds of that happening are so extraordinarily low...why would you risk Rogers for that??

Which brings me to my next point and that is...starting him against our front 7 is absurd. Along with the Steelers and Broncos I can't think of a defense I would rather my QB not face off a shoulder injury. Davis, KK, Peppers are going to be on a mission to hit Rogers whenever they can. One good hit on that shoulder and he's getting it repaired again. At best he's going to be significantly limited in that scheme. At worst they roll him out and he gets planted right on that clavicle and is re-injured. 

12 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

If Rodgers is %100 he will torch this secondary with ease, he will remind everyone why he’s the best QB in football.

This is the only game remaining in the schedule I’m not confident in what so ever 

1. I doubt Rodger's is anywhere near 100%.

2.Our secondary rebounded well yesterday (with Colin Jones getting play time!!!). I suspect that Wilkes had a come to Jesus moment with them. Dialing up the pressure again this week will help them out a lot.

3. NYE against ATl concerns me more. Conference game, just whipped the taints, will very likely be playoff football.

4. Fug the browns! they can't do anything right. I shall hereby refer to them as the brown stains (not to be confused with Matt Ryan's pant's) due to their general shittiness!

2 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

jaamal williams has been an absolute stud for the them the last 5-6 weeks. 

He has had 1 game over 70 yards and that was against Tampa and it was the only time this season he averaged over 3.5 yards a carry.  I would not call that a stud.

3 minutes ago, bababoey said:

He has had 1 game over 70 yards and that was against Tampa and it was the only time this season he averaged over 3.5 yards a carry.  I would not call that a stud.

i guess i'm just basing it off fantasy numbers. he's a huge receiving threat out of the backfield, so you have to factor that in as well. 

Archived