• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think We Can All Agree That Dave Gettleman Was Fired For Standing Up To JR

bobsfoodbasics

On 12/17/2017 at 1:51 PM, Camvp said:

Nah, he got canned because he wasn't on board with JR's vision of running the team like a mom and pop business instead of one concerned with winning.  That's why he brought "temp" Hurney back to hand out long term contracts like candy so he can continue to invite "family" like TD and Olsen over for dinner!

So what outrageous contracts has Hurney given out since he has been back? Seems Gettleman got shown the door for being a tough guy and pissing everyone off unnecessarily unless it is a requisite to piss off everyone to be a winner... 

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

This was actually the first thing I thought when I heard that there had been "4" settlements.

I think that JR decided to sell the team promptly to avoid more skeletons from being dug up. I hope we don't have a Harvey Weinstein situation on the horizon.

Yep.  Four situations that escalated to the point where non-disclosure agreements were needed. 

You'd think that after having to sign the first one, it might have occurred to Richardson to change his behavior.  Or after the second...or after the third...or...Oy.

Statements from employees make it sound like pretty much everyone knew it, so it'd be pretty tough to pin it on any one person.

From Jonathan Jones (link)

When the Panthers introduced Dave Gettleman as their general manager in 2013, Gettleman began retelling a story from his days with the New York Giants. He mentioned a “Jerry” by first name, and to those in attendance it was obvious the reference was to then-Giants GM Jerry Reese. Richardson stopped Gettleman to have him clarify he was talking about Reese and not “Mr. Richardson.”

The way the world is these days everyone is convicted of sexism, sexual misconduct and racism before anything goes to court or has evidence.

its just like Tennessee doing what they did to get rid of Greg Schiano,.. people wanted Richardson out and here it is.

The worst thing to be in America right now is an old white man,... 

37 minutes ago, JARROD said:

The way the world is these days everyone is convicted of sexism, sexual misconduct and racism before anything goes to court or has evidence.

its just like Tennessee doing what they did to get rid of Greg Schiano,.. people wanted Richardson out and here it is.

Lol not the case at all. 

51 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Luckily for me I have nothing anyone would want.  But I'm keeping my head down anyway.

Archived