• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter - Giants interviewed Gettleman today

MVPccaffrey

Hurney also wiffed badly. 

In 2008, he traded our 2009 first, 2008 2nd and 4th for Jeff Otah. 

In 2009, he traded our 2010 first to select Everett Brown.

In 2010, he traded our 2011 second, which was the 33rd overall for Armanti Edwards. 

He hit more often than not in the first round, but he also made some pretty bad moves too. 

8 minutes ago, CatAttack said:

Damn that meme!

was JNO even more spoiled than I thought he was?

Well, he hired a dumbass relative for an agent. That doesn't exactly say a lot.

On the topic though, I still think Ross gets the Giants gig. Maybe Abrams, but Ross seems like the better bet.

16 minutes ago, CatAttack said:

Damn that meme!

was JNO even more spoiled than I thought he was?

I've posted before how I don't blame Norman one little bit in insisting on making as much money as he could make as early as he could make it.  Josh is just finishing the 2nd year of his current contract and he's already 30 years old.  This contract was his best shot at making bank to put in the... bank.  So good for him.  Its a violent game and your very liable to suffer serious injury if you play it.

All that being said, that is the very reason why I think any thought that Norman was going to give the Panthers a home-team discount is just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking in retrospective.  And if he had really wanted to sign the franchise tag deal and stay with his "home town" team like he wants you to believe, he would have signed the damn thing.  There's no rule against a franchise and player negotiating a long-term deal WHILE the player is contracted under the franchise tag.  The fact that he did NOT sign the tag and rather that the tag contract layed on Gettleman's desk for weeks UNsigned is all anyone needs to know about which side betrayed the other with regard to the franchise tag offer.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Wish Gettleman had the chance to draft in the top 10 of every draft.

Hurney seems to always end up picking from the top while Gettleman mainly the bottom 25.

Wonder why that’s the case.

DG job was made 20x easier when you don’t have find a Franchise QB and top 10 defensive player 

:)

Y'all acting like shipping out Eli is a bad thing.  They can draft one of the two PAC12 QBs anyways, and Eli has been mediocre at best for years and is certainly close to washed up.  OF COURSE they'd rather have the cap space and a top QB prospect than the 45 million cap hit Eli is gonna have the next two seasons.

48 minutes ago, Camvp said:

Y'all acting like shipping out Eli is a bad thing.  They can draft one of the two PAC12 QBs anyways, and Eli has been mediocre at best for years and is certainly close to washed up.  OF COURSE they'd rather have the cap space and a top QB prospect than the 45 million cap hit Eli is gonna have the next two seasons.

I agree. Down with Eli.

7 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

What's up with the love affair with DG? He was great at managing the cap but aside from that, he was average at best. missed countless times in the draft, signed some horrible free agents, and single handedly cost us a playoff birth in 2016. 

not to mention people hated him, including TD and Olsen, which is saying a lot.

maybe Hurney isn't the answer, but the Panthers can do far better than DG. 

If you list all his pros vs his cons. The pros win by a landslide. Every GM will miss with draft picks and free agents but he was above avg at it if you compared it to the other 31 GMs. If you actually take a side by side comparison of all 32 GMs to compare draft + free agents he would clearly be in the top 10 and probably top 5. Half the GMs out there have crap teams because of bad decisions. About a quarter of GMs are solid with teams averaging 7-9 wins and the top tier group averaged 10+ wins (if you include this yr DG is in this range). The cap is probably the biggest aspect of being a GM. TD and Olsen did not hate him in fact they probably had alot of respect for DG. The only issue is they were on different sides of the table when it came down to money. Now Smith and Dwill hated DG. 

The problem is your expectation is your going to get a top 10 GM thats going hit most of his draft picks and free agent signings which is completely unrealistic if you look at what the other GMs are doing. You want us to find a Bill Belichick that is likeable.  Finding a GM that is a top 10 talent is going to be hard because most of the good ones are already on teams. So I disagree when you say the panthers can do far better than DG

Archived