• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is JR Hiding Behind His Coach and his QB?

Cat

Anyone else bothered that JR isn't more present and hasn't had a press conference? He knows his QB and coach (and other players) have to get in front of a mic every week and take questions from the media. It seems to me like he is hiding behind them and letting them take all the questions from the press. They have to go out there and be the ones that confront this with the media while JR doesn't show his face. 

Maybe I'm being unfair but this is starting to piss me off. 

1 minute ago, Cat said:

Anyone else bothered that JR isn't more present and hasn't had a press conference? He knows his QB and coach (and other players) have to get in front of a mic every week and take questions from the media. It seems to me like he is hiding behind them and letting them take all the questions from the press. They have to go out there and be the ones that confront this with the media while JR doesn't show his face. 

He rarely does press conferences so it isn't unusual.   I'm not sure why you are personally annoyed by it.  And FYI, Cam and Ron are required to do them.  They don't have to comment on the situation.

JR facing the media now would be a colossal mistake. Any lawyer or PR person on the planet would want him shipped off to Tahiti right now. Everyone on the team has been briefed on how to handle things, and of course they have a new interim manager they want to make look good during the crisis. I don't like Jerry talking to the media on good days because he could say anything at any time, this isn't even in the wheelhouse.

Just now, cookinwithgas said:

JR facing the media now would be a colossal mistake. Any lawyer or PR person on the planet would want him shipped off to Tahiti right now. Everyone on the team has been briefed on how to handle things, and of course they have a new interim manager they want to make look good during the crisis. I don't like Jerry talking to the media on good days because he could say anything at any time, this isn't even in the wheelhouse.

Fair enough. 

I agree with OP but rather than make me angry it convinces me selling the team and stepping down right away was the right thing to do.  Octogenarians rarely change, especially those that have built huge business empires.  And I also agree any lawyer worth his/her salt would not allow JR near a microphone.

32 minutes ago, Cat said:

Maybe I'm being unfair but this is starting to piss me off. 

The mans in his 80s. I wouldn’t want my 80 something year old father in front of the media either. Give him a break. 

2 minutes ago, jbland said:

The mans in his 80s. I wouldn’t want my 80 something year old father in front of the media either. Give him a break. 

Dude was running the team. If he can't talk then he shouldn't have been.

Archived