• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman Hired By The NY Giants As Their New GM

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

Luckily for Dave, the Charlotte media and fans weren't as hard on him for probably one of the dumbest moves in NFL history in letting Norman walk. 

Imagine if he decides OBJ is demanding too much money and lets him walk?? Can you imagine the scrutiny and shitstorm he'd be under by the NY media? 

i'm sorry to say, but Dave will be forced to do a lot of things in NY he wouldn't normally do if he was the GM here. 

Agreed, he had it easy here far as decision like that and really Smitty was the first. They will burn him alive in New york.

Just now, bobsfoodbasics said:

don't worry. the defensive mastermind ron rivera will still be here :eyeroll:

I honestly don't worry about our D as long as Rivera is here. Up and coming defensive coaches will always be clamoring to come here.

I just wish Ron could realize why his defensive guys continue to be plucked while no one even talks to our offensive guys after Chud's departure.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

Gettleman isn't the best GM in the league, but I'd put him in the top ten, definitely in the top 15.

Good hire for the Giants.

dude doesn't have the resume to be in a top 10 or even 15.   Not saying he couldn't get there.....what he did in Carolina doesn't do that.  Drafting DTs and an adding some JAGs and then getting fired  doesn't earn him that much cred.

He wasn't here long enough to grow past Marty Hurney thumbprint that made up the foundation of the team on both sides of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, ras977 said:

John Fox ???

I think Dave likes the Fox, Rivera brand of football.   

Fox coming out of Denver?  Hell yeah, Dave would have ate Fox up.  Tough to sell Foxy to NY coming out of Chicago though. 

2 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

nah, dave made mistakes, just like every other GM or HC that is also an executive.

but in the years he made personnel decisions and built the panthers...

12-4 playoffs

7-8-1 playoff win

15-1 superbowl berth

6-10 yea it’s not good

11-4 at least a playoff berth

he is easily the best executive we’ve ever had and it’s not close.

and he is the architect of one of the most close-knit and cohesive locker rooms that ever dressed up to play in 2015. you can’t do that with a self-gratifying sucker punch artist on the roster.

We are 11-4 because of Cam Newton. If we didn't have a QB capable of leading his team in rushing, this is another lost season.

Dave is the one who decided to throw 50 million at human turnstile Matt Kalil while letting Ted Ginn head to our arch rival and proceed to sweep us and takeover the division.

I find it interesting you want to give him credit for winning records but don't want to address the above.

12 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

Listen you putz...I don't give two steaming piles of crap about Jerry Richardson. But I am sick of you and other "fans" getting on your computers and talking poo about this franchise every single post. I am a Panthers fan, not a Richardson fan. 

Dave Gettleman was a decent GM, and I was surprised when he was let go. But he is gone, and there is not a damn thing any one of us can do about it.  So go to a Giants board, and join up there. 

You can be happy for Gettlman, just as I am, but you do not have to poo on the Panthers organization to do it.

fugtard.

Again, I cannot make it more clear, I nor does anyone else care what you are tired of. I am not here to appease you. 

I know reading can be hard at times, but never once did I rip the organization. I ripped Jerry Richardson. He deserves every ounce of it.  

I will be happy for Dave Gettleman and dance all over Jerry Richardson's grave in the process.

I also know it is necessary to clarify this on these boards, that's jsut a figure of speech. In no way do I hope he dies.

11 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Maybe Gettleman has learned from his mistakes here in Carolina, and will be good for NY. Didn’t like him here, but I wish him success 

Who knows. We do know OBJ won’t be the highest paid player like he wants to be. Wouldn’t shock me if Collins is gone as well. The Dollar Tree is hitting New York New York, baby!

Lol....tag em then remove it!!!

Archived