• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nascar’s Brian France Reportedly Pushing As Possible Majority Owner For Panthers

Saca312

5 hours ago, thomas96 said:

That's my opinion too. Football should be played outside in any and all elements on grass. Turf fields and domes hurt the game.

And the players.   

If Charlotte had the hotel space they probably could host a SB.  The weather in February isn't too rotten.  While the super cold spells come and go but the average High is 55 and the average low is 33.   Great football weather.

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/north-carolina/united-states/3203

1 hour ago, panthersphan said:

The possible owners have been terrible so far!

Diddy/Kaep, France/Sabates, Vince McMahon, Bruton Smith.... yikes folks, this isn't good....

none of these are possible owners. they're the names being put forward for clicks. it's going to be like the 5th round of the draft, where there is some big name that everyone on the huddle is hoping for, and then we draft Billy Bland from Division II.

the new owner probably hasn't been mentioned on the Huddle yet

For those that are saying no to France, why?  What is wrong with him...what specifically would you expect out of him as an owner? 

I literally know nothing about him other than his name, so would appreciate any insight into what we might expect if he does end up owning the team.

15 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Among NASCAR fans he is pretty much universally hated. Since he took over the sport has stopped growing. He seems like a bumbling idiot who is only in the position he is in because of nepotism. He's made numerous awful changes to NASCAR that have turned off fans and drivers alike. He's known for not even being at the track the majority of the time, not listening to fan/driver complaints, and last year aligning with Donald Trump at multiple rallies.

Thanks!  Doesn't sound like an ideal choice.

12 hours ago, Nails said:

The repercussions of the last scenario would not only be the death knell of the Panthers, but of the league.

To my knowledge no other team with a PSL stadium has built a new stadium in the same market, so we will essentially be the guinnea pigs when it happens.  If anyone knows of a case pleae feel free to correct me.

The rams had it when they abandoned STL and now are being sued so thats sort of a road map but is a different situation.

I know I personally will be pissed if they essentially make the PSL useless and don’t compensate fans fairly for them, but billionaires become billionaires on the back of the little guy so it wouldn’t shock me

Give me a retractable roof and I’m golden. Some days it’s better to be safe than just be out in the elements for no reason. Cancelations and delays... to hell with that. Any of you been to a game while one side is shaded in 90 plus heat and the other side gets sun scortched and forced to move? As long as it opens I see this as the way most teams would go given the option.

Archived