• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Olsen the other refs tried to convince the head ref that it wasn’t grounding

gorillamilitia13

Just now, w280sax said:

It was borderline.  Refs shouldn't decide the game unless it's blatant and obvious.

It wasn’t even borderline. It was 100% obviously not grounding. Bersin was there, AND Cam was clearly out of the pocket

I debated whether to post a thread about this, but I suspected it.  Cam, Olsen, and Rivera all kept trying to get the head official's attention and were yelling at him motioning to the back judge it appeared.  The way they were screaming and gesturing, it appeared they were saying the back judge saw it and said it wasn' grounding...  so, needless to say, I was shocked that the head ref didn't even run to meet the back judge before getting on the mic to make the call.  But, after SB50 and the 2013 divisional 49ers game, I'm no longer surprised.

This was on par with the 49ers playoff game and superbowl. How many fuggin times are we going to get hosed and just take it? God let our next owner be someone that won't take this. Hope the NFL continues to lose viewers. This product is at an all time low between the performance on the field and the obvious rigged reffing. I honestly think I'm done with football. Between the superbowl, 2016 headhunting Cam, and now this, I can't do it anymore. Sh*t isn't even fun anymore.

Pretty sure half the people saying it wasn't grounding because he was out of the pocket don't understand that the pocket isn't those lines on the field.  It depends on where the ball is spotted before the play and we ran it off the right side.  Cam was only a couple steps was from where we started and was in the pocket.

Archived