• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Press Conference Scheduled For 3:00pm

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

What happened to the Ron from the introductory presser who said we were going to be an attacking, aggressive, vertical-style offense?  There isn't anything wrong with splash plays, Ron...

I really think Norv is going to be much closer to Chud than Shula. 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

What happened to the Ron from the introductory presser who said we were going to be an attacking, aggressive, vertical-style offense?  There isn't anything wrong with splash plays, Ron...

Yeah, that was pretty deflating. :(

Sounds like he basically wants the exact same offense, just a better situational play caller.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that was pretty deflating. :(

Sounds like he basically wants the exact same offense, just a better situational play caller.

Yeah, but in all honesty, we could hire a jar of mayonnaise as the new OC and I think it would be better and more consistent than Shula lol...  and not cause us to burn timeouts.  So basically, anything is an improvement.  If they can get Cam in a rhythm, it really doesn't matter what they want to do ball control-wise.  If the right plays are called at the right time, Cam can put it in the end zone...  we just need an OC that gets the situational part you referenced down.

Honestly, where we fell short this year was execution and finishing off..... and our defense really let us down and got beat way more.

From an OC standpoint, I'm not a huge Norv fan bc I don't think it's exponentially better than Shula, but there are a couple of areas that peak my interest. Norv can execute and have a balanced attack, though not innovative, it gets results. Shula was vanilla and predictable, and I do think Turner will not be as easy to gameplan against.  Also, Norv I think will find a way to punch the ball in the endzone for 6, instead of 3. 

I'd prefer Shurmur, Caldwell or someone more new-school, but I don't think that's the Panthers plan here. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I think they'd rather replace the worn out tires. A few subtle nuances and wrinkles should iron out Shula's shortcomings. 

With Rivera here and Cam pretty much established in this system, I could see this OC being handcuffed to RR. If they succeed good, if they fail, they are out the door together in 2 years and we start fresh.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The list of potential candidates sure would shrink if he wasn't. No OC worth hiring is going to want to take a job where he can't install his own system.

He did say it'd still be ball control, but sounds like he'd be open to something like a WCO.

Childress runs that.

35 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Everybody is hungry until they get fed

Archived