• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect Scott Turner, Norv Turners son, to become the QB coach for Cam

Hotsauce

6 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I think Ron is more overly loyal than most, however pretty much every HC hires assistants that they're familiar and comfortable with and that they can trust. Hiring someone you've never worked with before or don't know is extremely risky, and often times doesn't work out.

imagine the patriots doing this 

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I still don't quite understand why Dorsey was lumped in with Shula in the firing.  Dorsey seems to have had a good reputation on his own.  I'd much rather have Dorsey under a new coordinator than Norv's son, simply getting the job bc he's Norv's son.

Dorsey was almost fired last offseason but RR went to bat for him and Shula both. What has Dorsey done to improve Cam's mechanics? 

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Dorsey was almost fired last offseason but RR went to bat for him and Shula both. What has Dorsey done to improve Cam's mechanics? 

Well, nothing...  But, wasn't he just rumored to be the leading candidate for an OC job before being fired?  And he seemed to be well-liked here, so I just assumed he was well-regarded.  It's just hard for me to say from the outside, looking in, if he was subpar as a result of Shula, or if he was just not very good on his own.  I know Jeremy has repeatedly said none of the offensive coaches would try to coach Cam up, which also gives credence to what you're saying...  I just wonder if he would've been better with Shula gone, or at least better than Norv's son?

This is... a fireable offense in my book. Your GM tells you to make changes (presumably) and you go out and hire more of the same in Norv, which could work out well but just happens to be your best buddy, but then you also hire his son? You're telling me out of ALL the candidates we could get for QB coach Norv's son just happens to be the best one out there? Wade Wilson is out there... I don't buy that for a second. 

40 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

imagine the patriots doing this 

Bill has both of his sons involved in the team and moving up for that matter.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/05/bill-belichick-to-promote-son-brian-to-patriots-coaching-staff/

You hardly hear much from NE but if you've been following the current story on them you see that Bill is loyal and traded that pick to SF because of his relationship with Shanahan Sr and was doing his son a favor. He also keeps regulars on the staff and CLEARLY has his own loyal crew or they wouldn't be able to run the tight lipped team that they do....the only reason the spy gate got out was because Mangini left NE and was telling Bill not to do it to him, Bill did and then Eric outed him.

How you gonna say "imagine if the Pats" did this when they been doing this and then it's clear they would have to have loyalty to run the tight lipped ship that they do?

"OH but his sons are BILLS KIDS they gotta know whats up"

Uh...Shula...yea his dad was kind of a legend...kids don't mean poo in relation to their parents success. Bills kids are there because of who Bill is.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/family-affair-three-belichicks-officially-patriots-coaching-staff-first-time

"FAMILY AFFAIR"

only for the Panthers.....psh

33 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Bill has both of his sons involved in the team and moving up for that matter.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/05/bill-belichick-to-promote-son-brian-to-patriots-coaching-staff/

You hardly hear much from NE but if you've been following the current story on them you see that Bill is loyal and traded that pick to SF because of his relationship with Shanahan Sr and was doing his son a favor. He also keeps regulars on the staff and CLEARLY has his own loyal crew or they wouldn't be able to run the tight lipped team that they do....the only reason the spy gate got out was because Mangini left NE and was telling Bill not to do it to him, Bill did and then Eric outed him.

How you gonna say "imagine if the Pats" did this when they been doing this and then it's clear they would have to have loyalty to run the tight lipped ship that they do?

"OH but his sons are BILLS KIDS they gotta know whats up"

Uh...Shula...yea his dad was kind of a legend...kids don't mean poo in relation to their parents success. Bills kids are there because of who Bill is.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/family-affair-three-belichicks-officially-patriots-coaching-staff-first-time

"FAMILY AFFAIR"

only for the Panthers.....psh

touché 

Archived