• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now OC is done, should we now be focusing on DC now that it seems Wilks is as good as gone?

Hotsauce

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Didn't know that either,  but that's what I got you for. :)

Scott was a quality control guy and Shula's assistant on game day.  There was a sense he was interning for something larger but when Norv took the Cleveland OC job Scott followed him there as WR coach.  After that blew up he followed dad again to Minnesota, this time as QB coach.

He''s been quoted as saying his dad doesn't really talk about much else besides football.

Just reported that Wilks is out of the running for the Giants HC position. He cancelled his interview with the Colts and doesn't seem likely that he gets the Cards or Lions jobs. Sounds to me like Wilks gets a year two to try to improve upon this year here. Hopefully our D fares much better with Wilks in his second year as coordinator.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Just reported that Wilks is out of the running for the Giants HC position. He cancelled his interview with the Colts and doesn't seem likely that he gets the Cards or Lions jobs. Sounds to me like Wilks gets a year two to try to improve upon this year here. Hopefully our D fares much better with Wilks in his second year as coordinator.

oh joy more predictable 3rd down blitzing and horrible secondary play

3 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Who is out there?

Internal promotion?

Ron is extremely hands on with the Defense. So it’s likely whoever ends up as DC, would need to likely need to gel very well with Ron. 

RR already stated on the radio that the DC replacement (if needed) was already in house.

Archived