• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norv Turner on Mike Wallace - Free Agent WR Option?

SetfreexX

1 minute ago, Trill OG said:

That's because the Redskins used him like a possession WR. Pryor is a deep threat, use him as such.

*You look like Lil Durk btw.

He dropped sooooooo many deep balls. I'm forced to watch them. Pryor not nice.  *googles Lil durk*

4 hours ago, CatfanMO said:

Im my business, sometimes to be successful you have to spend. That is the cost of doing business.. I have said for years that JR was more about making the money and hoping for the best as far as wins. We need an ownership that cares about Winning a SB.

It has nothing to do with JR being cheap or only caring about profits.

The team has consistently spent to the cap or close to it. They couldn't have spent more even if they wanted to.

The issue is where the team spent the money. 

4 hours ago, TheRed said:

Johnson/Shepard/Underwood can't even carry Ginn's jockstrap. Please stop.

I mean, he is not wrong. Look up Ginn's stats before coming here back in 2012. He had 363 yards receiving the previous three year total prior to being signed. He was a 1st round bust for Miami prior to his invisible SF stint. We were likely his last stop before being out the league.

Gettleman tried to do the same thing with Charles Johnson, someone with a similar career trajectory and 4.39 speed, but the man got hurt in the offseason.

We let Ginn leave and he was a good WR for us and was for them.  Whatever, yeah close call but Ginn wasn't putting us over the top last year.

And anyone that tells me Josh Norman was worth a 15 million per yr contact just does not understand the cap and roster breakdowns.  You cannot pay a CB that kind of money.

1 hour ago, Dilla said:

I mean, he is not wrong. Look up Ginn's stats before coming here back in 2012. He had 363 yards receiving the previous three year total prior to being signed. He was a 1st round bust for Miami prior to his invisible SF stint. We were likely his last stop before being out the league.

Gettleman tried to do the same thing with Charles Johnson, someone with a similar career trajectory and 4.39 speed, but the man got hurt in the offseason.

We all know Ginn's stats before coming to Carolina.

The issue is the turnaround Ginn has displayed is rare, and we cannot expect that to happen again. We definitely don't need to be mortgaging a season with the aging core we have on whether or not a guy who has speed and nothing else will turn into another Ginn. DG literally did that twice in 3 years and it backfired horribly.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

You don’t need to throw as hard when your receivers are running wide open all the time. 

Newton's receivers were running routes drawn up by Mike Shula. Brees guys get to work with Sean Payton's plays. 

But regardless, Brees couldn't throw as hard as Newton does if he tried. Neither could Brady or Manning. A rocket arm isn't necessary to being a great quarterback. It's just one part of a larger equation.

The good side: It's also a lot harder to intercept a pass from Newton. I've lost count of how many times "that should have been picked" has been said. Defenders already start off with less reliable hands anyway. When they come up against a hard to catch pass, the result is predictable.

If you think we are going to spend top dollar for a FA receiver I think you are going to be disappointed.  Hurney built through the draft and traded players. But he got burned the first time with big money contracts that underperformed. He only has 22 million in free cap space.  He is going to have to be wise in managing the cap.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If you think we are going to spend top dollar for a FA receiver I think you are going to be disappointed.  Hurney built through the draft and traded players. But he got burned the first time with big money contracts that underperformed. He only has 22 million in free cap space.  He is going to have to be wise in managing the cap.

Hurney has indicated that he wants to sign a free agent receiver, but who and how much are in question.

I don't really think we have the cap space to go after a huge free agent signing.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney has indicated that he wants to sign a free agent receiver, but who and how much are in question.

I don't really think we have the cap space to go after a huge free agent signing.

I agree.  I would think they will bring in some folks to compete at good deals and draft one or two more.

Archived