• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Belichick would be a good GM?

Hotsauce

So as you may or may not know, Belichick is currently the coach AND GM of the Patriots. 

There are ridiculous rumors this could be the end of the Belichick years in NE (I find it unlikely). 

Lets say that Bill leaves, and he doesnt want to coach. Do you think he would make a good GM?  I have to imagine he would have to almost find a yes man coach to get along with. I’m also trying to think of a bad trade/deal the Pats have made (besides Jimmy Garoppolo). 

My personal opinion is the Pats dynasty is influenced by the tone of the coaching, they have built a culture of winning. That’s why you see guys reinvent their careers in NE. 

26 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

What kinda question is this..

If he left the patriots, I'd fire hurney and rivera in a second and let him run everything 

I don't think Belichick would be as good if he weren't also coaching.

Plus you have to remember, in this organization we don't want anybody's feelings hurt. 

35 minutes ago, Tomás The Boss said:

It's not that Brady doesn't make them mortgage the cap. It's that they pay Brady off the books via his private companies. People don't talk about it that much, but it's the biggest of their scandals.

Cap this post: Within most of our lifetimes, the Patriots will be stripped of their XLIX and LI titles.

sounds like someone promising that cam wouldn't finish the year as the panthers starter...and it wouldn't be due to injury.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think Belichick would be as good if he weren't also coaching.

Plus you have to remember, in this organization we don't want anybody's feelings hurt. 

agreed.

he'd probably wouldn't be worse than hurney, but he wouldn't be nearly as successful as he has been as a coach. his success in NE has been half due to his shrewdness as a coach and half because he's got the right evolving system with the right QB.

you take away brady and you won't have sustainable success. you take him away from his coaching and he's a mediocre (at best) GM.

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed.

he'd probably wouldn't be worse than hurney, but he wouldn't be nearly as successful as he has been as a coach. his success in NE has been half due to his shrewdness as a coach and half because he's got the right evolving system with the right QB.

you take away brady and you won't have sustainable success. you take him away from his coaching and he's a mediocre (at best) GM.

Have to disagree with this a bit.  When Brady was out, he took Matt Cassell and went 12-4 or 11-5.  As soon as Matt Cassell left and went elsewhere, he was an awful starter, and then went to being a poor backup.  Bellichick is the best coach of all-time, and he is a top 5 GM of all time.  Not really any argument IMO

5 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Have to disagree with this a bit.  When Brady was out, he took Matt Cassell and went 12-4 or 11-5.  As soon as Matt Cassell left and went elsewhere, he was an awful starter, and then went to being a poor backup.  Bellichick is the best coach of all-time, and he is a top 5 GM of all time.  Not really any argument IMO

it was 11-5 and they benefited from a cupcake schedule. sustainable, as in multi-year. cassell wouldn't have had the continued success brady had.

patriots have the best coach/QB combo probably ever. you separate the two and i doubt either has anywhere near the long term success they've had together.

and yes, argument can be made against him being top 5 GM ever. you take him away from coaching and he doesn't have the success he's had as a GM, not even close.

9 minutes ago, Tomás The Boss said:

Dude, there is no way Cam doesn't finish the year...they're not gonna bench him for Anderson. If we had an up-and-coming backup, maybe, but not a guy like Anderson.

Was going out on a limb with the Pats prediction, obviously, but situation is dirty af. And no one talks about it.

you should talk to your "dad" about that one.

So fast you wouldnt believe it.

Im sure he would bring in a coach that he liked. 

Hes the best with getting value out of peoples garbage.  Hes Gettlemens daddy in that respect.

Some will point out some off drafts and some players that didnt work out, but he wins more than he loses overall.

So yeh.

Archived